RC Racer

*UPDATE* Sledgehammer/Custom Wheelie Bar

ive been away from the hobby for a while, so now ive started restoring and upgrading all my R/C's... u guys scared me into not going brushless... LOL so I found an old esc and installed a New Titan 550 12T, and also bought a traxxas 8.4v 5000mah NIMH and all i can say is OMG... I had to built a Custom Wheelie Bar... LOL can barley keep the front end down... I had a Trinity Speed Gem 13T bf w/ this setup and i have to say the Titan 550 12T is way better way more tq! I just ordered a Novak Smart-Stop Auto-Detect Module 2S-4S, and a Traxxas LiPo 2S 7.4V 7600mAh 25C, CAINT WAIT to try it out and see what it can do!!! I also didnt cut the moter shaft to close the gear cover i drilled a whole in the cover instead bc i put the gear on upside down bc the gear nut doesnt fall flush on the motor shaft, i also cut the body posts 1/2 inch so the Body is 1/2 inch Lower and cleaned up the body & painted the rims. Here r some pic...
    {LRP F1 Super Reverse-Titan 550-8.4v 5000mah NIMH}

{Custom Wheelie Bar}

{1/2 inch Lowered Body/Cut Posts}

{This Is what I used for the Custom Wheelie Bar}

Looks good, glad you're having fun with the truck. I still say you could have ran BL, though!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    thx cooleo, when i get bored of it the BL if my next step...

RC Qualifier
    Love that wheelie bar
    Is that a 1/24th supra model.
    Toyo makes good tires,

RC Racer
    thx daddykins, its been fun coming back to the hobby... yeah its a supra 1/24 scale made by Jada Toys, and the wheelie bar works great too and i didnt even ruin the 1/24 model bc it came with an extra set of rims and tires... i just post up my Street Sport project too today... Love Traxxas Vintage...

Man the Sledgehammer was my favorite Traxxas from back in the day. I would spend hours taking it apart just to clean, and re-grease all moving parts. Takes me back...

OP, you should patent your wheelie bar design, lol. You did a great job there.
    "We know who you are"

RC Racer
    LOL thx He123321 appreciate it... I love the hammer, in the late 80's my neighbor owned 1 and thats what made me get 1, it was my first monster truck, electric or nitro. its running great and still having a blast with the hammer gotta love it
    Last edited by GmoneyGrip; 09-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.