Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    does this chassis work with larger diameter motors like 40-42mm??? also what is the largest battery that will fit?
    No the larger motor does not fit.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    So I finished installing the chassis. I definetly have fitment issues. The motor and the esc dont fit. Hopefully i can fix that soon. Anyone else using a slipper clutch imstead of the center dif? My bearing doesnt sit in the mount completely. Im wondering if its because Im using the revo slipper.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    So I finished installing the chassis. I definetly have fitment issues. The motor and the esc dont fit. Hopefully i can fix that soon. Anyone else using a slipper clutch imstead of the center dif? My bearing doesnt sit in the mount completely. Im wondering if its because Im using the revo slipper.
    Can you post some pictures of the fit issues?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    If u took the motor out and left on the mount how much room is it to the bottom? What is the largest battery pack that fits? Seems like a hugh dissapointment so far. We have open sct classes here where anything goes
    You can fit up to 3S but it is pretty close but does fit. A 4.5 550 motor is plenty if your going to run 3S lipo. Thing would be a 6lb or so missile

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    You can fit up to 3S but it is pretty close but does fit. A 4.5 550 motor is plenty if your going to run 3S lipo. Thing would be a 6lb or so missile
    sorry no 6s monster no care

RC Racer
    If it is at all bigger it probably wouldn't fit as it was designed for the stock slipper setup of the stock diff. As long as its a 550 motor or anything like the Castle 3800 the motor will be fine. 1/8 scale motors are way too big and offset the balance of the truck so much it wouldn't be a good choice for the motor.

RC Enthusiast
    So is the center differential supposed to fit snug because it moves back and forth a lot

RC Qualifier
    I Hope the center diff fits good its all I use.mine just arrived but I can't get of work before the post closes

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC poster
    Hi Guys,

First of all I want to say "Thank you" to all of you. However, I don't want to post too much on here in case the mods come down on the thread and delete it. There's a new page in the instruction section that addresses some of the question that the guys are having during their build. Hope it helps. I will continue to add to that page with new questions that guys have.

Thanks again

Steve

RC Racer
    ^^^^^Thanks for everything.

RC Racer
    Steve posted that he has added some additional information on his website for when building your new chassis setup.

The bearing for the rear mount will be tight on the tolerance as to make sure the bearing don't move around. It must be pushed in straight as any angle will make it a lot harder to get the bearing in.

You will have a little play back and forth between the diff/slipper so it won't bind the tranny and you take a huge hit on the rear of the truck. If you want to shim that up a little it can be done with .05mm shims from the wheel axle, slip it on the end of the center diff where it goes into the rear gear box and thats it.

For the motor on most Castle sized motors and 550 canned motors they have different motor mounting holes on the can so you normally just need to rotate the can til you get a pair of matching holes. All standard motors like the Castle 1406, 1410 series and all 550 cans will have holes on the can that fit every standard size motor mount made from almost every possible vehicle on the market including the new STRC mount. Nothing funny on that part of the install.

ESC wise you should have plenty of room after the motor for the esc to fit between the motor and servo. Like me when I put my new chassis on I will have to move my electronics around some to get the look I want. Everyone will be different on this.

RC Racer
    It finally arrived...i'm so happy!

RC Enthusiast
    anybody have any shock set up tips? its sagging in the front. I have the big bore shocks on it.

RC Competitor
    I was going to put my cc 2650 in and now see that is over kill. I am thinking of going with a tekin pro set up. What motor would you guys recommend. Also I have d8 shocks. Should I put those on or go with the big bores. Thanks in advanced. Doug.

RC Racer

i have it all together already but too tired to upload more pics. i have a couple questions though.

my steering is reversed, how can i un-reverse it? is there a wiring swap or will i need to set it up in the transmitter?

also, ive made it work, but this chassis wont house a 7cell nimh battery. it was a simple solution. i flipped the middle/back batter stop so i could wrap a velcro strip under it and go over to the nerf bar then strap the battery...also i had to take the rear "L" bracket and flip it so i got an extra 1/4" but mounting it this way will only allow for one screw to hold it in place.
    if anyone needs help with nimh swap, send me a pm and ill post some pics of what i did.

RC Racer
    I am ready to see some action videos of the new rides.
    I am very pleased with the chassis so far.
    hope to take it for a spin next week.

RC Racer
    I'm kind of surprised that the gunmetal chassis doesn't match the other strc parts. But I still love this chassis. Thank you Steve!!!!
    FLM Rustler

RC poster
    the chassis is hard anodized, so it's got a bronze hue to it compare to straight gun-metal anodizing. It's close, but not exactly

RC Racer
    Just to clear things up, when I said I am having fitment issues its because I'm running the mamba monster 2200 and the revo spec slipper. The larger can and esc are causing the issues. The length of the slipper is causing the bearing adapter to not reach the motor mount. So I know that if you use a normal size 1/10 scale motor and esc everything will fit perfect.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Man starting to see some killer builds.

RC Racer

I know its messy i just finished an 11 hour shift
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    awesome, Are those ofna or HPI shocks? Are you using the 1/8th motor?

RC Enthusiast
    Going to use a ssc chadsis due to motor restrictions.

RC Racer

I know its messy i just finished an 11 hour shift
    Still a great job. I have mine but won't get to change it over til next weekend.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    awesome, Are those ofna or HPI shocks? Are you using the 1/8th motor?
    They are tge hot bodies d8 shocks. And yes im running the 1/8 mamba monster 2200. Ive already got the esc to fit under the top deck and fixed the motor mount bearing alingment issue with the revo spec slipper.
    FLM Rustler

RC Competitor
    i just ordered my strc lcg and was wondering on advrage how long it takes to recieve the chassis if im in georgia and they are in cali

RC Racer
    If i had to guess, normal USPS shipping will be 4-5 days.
    It took about 4 days to get to me in Kentucky.

RC Racer
    4 days from cali to mid/north tx...i hate usps, ups or fedex ftw!

im almost afraid to take my truck to the track now, its SO pretty all put together. i wouldnt call it a complaint, but the battery options kind of bug me. with your standard hard pack that requires bullet connectors to plug into the top, the wire fits under the carbon brace but JUST barely. battery style im talking about...

and like mentioned before, the stock 7cell nimh wont fit, even when moving the "L" brackets all the way out from each-other. which should be obvious that the plastic battery posts that it comes it wont fly either...and you guessed it, the carbon battery hold is a no-go as well.

just a "buyer beware" incase these 2 types of cells are all you own, itll take a little engineering to make it work but easily achieved IMO. still, 100 bucks, you CANT beat it...i love mine, thanks strc!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    4 days from cali to mid/north tx...i hate usps, ups or fedex ftw!

im almost afraid to take my truck to the track now, its SO pretty all put together. i wouldnt call it a complaint, but the battery options kind of bug me. with your standard hard pack that requires bullet connectors to plug into the top, the wire fits under the carbon brace but JUST barely. battery style im talking about...

and like mentioned before, the stock 7cell nimh wont fit, even when moving the "L" brackets all the way out from each-other. which should be obvious that the plastic battery posts that it comes it wont fly either...and you guessed it, the carbon battery hold is a no-go as well.

just a "buyer beware" incase these 2 types of cells are all you own, itll take a little engineering to make it work but easily achieved IMO. still, 100 bucks, you CANT beat it...i love mine, thanks strc!
    Not sure which forum it was posted in but I read that someone did get the 7 cell nimh to work.
    I will see where I saw that at and post it up.

EDIT: it was this forum post #335.
    Last edited by Bridic; 12-02-2012 at 09:50 PM.

RC Racer
    Looks like finally this Tuesday I will be able to get my new chassis setup started on my Slash. I do feel like some that is going to be so nice that I don't feel like beating it up at the track. Oh well I will be making sure I use chassis protector on it to help keep her nice looking. under the truck as well as the parts you can see. Also putting the new chassis on will give me a chance to put on a new fresh 54 tooth spur gear and get my wiring up to my standards even though mine isn't that bad right now but I can do better. Might just take the bullets off the motor and speedo and solder directly as I don't ever plan on using any other motor and speedo combo other than the Castle MMP and 3800 4 pole Castle motor. Just such a great combo for this sized truck and very efficient to.

I will get some pics up later this week on my finished project. Love seeing everyone else getting their stuff posted for others to look at. Great job guys on your Slash 4x4 trucks. Fun to see what everyone is using in their trucks.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I just read the STRC uses a 10x15, that's not good. Time tells all.

I posted the above statement on the SSC LCG thread after asking what size motor mount bearing was being used on the kit.

I apologize for my post, sorry Steve & STRC.

I use STRC parts on both my 2x4 & 4x4 and couldn't be happier with them!!
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    Ok, until the stock VXL system kicks the bucket, I will be mounting the receiver box on the on the top bracket.
    My question is, where is everyone mounting the antenna tub?

EDIT: I found a place to mount it. I will post some pics later today.
    Last edited by Bridic; 12-03-2012 at 01:01 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I ran my chassis today at the track and all I can say is that it's amazing. Completely different truck. Good job Steve!

RC Racer
    A little pic showing where and how I attached the antenna tube.
    We shall see how it works out.

RC Qualifier
    i stuck mine through one of the extra hole on the top pulled it back towards the rear and taped it down right now and bridic ty for that idea gonn try it.

RC poster
    Got mine today, but I also got a totally modded losi scte roller on Friday, got my mmp and my pro 4 in it already. Not sure how it works as I have not driven it yet, I think my nephew is gonna be the lucky one to get the strc chassis unless someone local to me wants it(northeast pa) you can pm me if you do.

RC Competitor
    Here is mine, I ran it at my local track on saturday and it worked great with very little change from my plastic chassis setup. It beat 2 losi SCTE's in two races, this was worth every penny.[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleft327 View Post
    Here is mine, I ran it at my local track on saturday and it worked great with very little change from my plastic chassis setup. It beat 2 losi SCTE's in two races, this was worth every penny.[IMG][/IMG]
    That thing looks vicious with those tires on. It just says "I kick *****" all over it.

RC poster
    Just wondering were everybody is ordering this chassis from? is it only available from STRC.com right now?

Also I only see blue and black for colours?

RC poster
    Just saw that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    thanks as I didn't realize the last one has been posted.
    You have until the 12th to order your custom color!!

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...&path=80_81_87