Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hey guys without going through almost 600 posts of info :
    Can you post links to options for which LCG kit to go with ?
    Been thinking of selling the Slash but this has sparked my interests... and budget..

Thanks in advance..
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarcanada View Post
    Hey guys without going through almost 600 posts of info :
    Can you post links to options for which LCG kit to go with ?
    Been thinking of selling the Slash but this has sparked my interests... and budget..

Thanks in advance..
    This is the STRC thread so you might not get much info for the others.
    You have this chassis, SSC and Team RCE.
    You will pros and cons about all three so you will have to do some research and go with the one that you feel will work best for you.
    No matter which you choose, it is all about how your RC is set up for your track.
    Good luck and have fun.

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys how are you keeping your slipper clutch from sliding back and forth? My bearing adapter keeps sliding front to back out of the bearing and I keep messing up my spur gear. Please help

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Hey guys how are you keeping your slipper clutch from sliding back and forth? My bearing adapter keeps sliding front to back out of the bearing and I keep messing up my spur gear. Please help
    You have wo add 1-3 Traxxas teflon washers. 2 workes fine for me... you can find intructions under this link (tips & tricks): http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...ory&path=72_91

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    You have wo add 1-3 Traxxas teflon washers. 2 workes fine for me... you can find intructions under this link (tips & tricks): http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...ory&path=72_91
    Thanks for the fast response

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    This is the STRC thread so you might not get much info for the others.
    You have this chassis, SSC and Team RCE.
    You will pros and cons about all three so you will have to do some research and go with the one that you feel will work best for you.
    No matter which you choose, it is all about how your RC is set up for your track.
    Good luck and have fun.
    Thanks I totally realized that, just figured I get a response here.
    I had a bit of time now to research, & did not realize Traxxas is now using the Rally car for parts on a LCG Slash.

Less then $70 parts list I found

7422 - Chassis
    7423 - Nerf Bars
    7424 - Receiver box
    7426 - Battery Clip, Strap, And Rear Retainer.
    7429 - Rear Bulkhead
    7430 - Front Bulkhead
    7438 - Steering Linkage
    7460 - Motor mount
    7477 - Cover, Gear/ Wire Retainer
    7490 - Motor Plate
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Not gonna lie guys SSC Mark was on beast mode on the track today with his SSC Chassis, Pro4, Tekin setup.. Only Traxxas left standing.. Once I get my skill up I might be able to hang.. He pointed out a few things of note on the current STRC setup in comparison.. But bottom line in the 60+ people racing he was a TQ! Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Glad you have a better experience with this guy than I had. He emailed companies behind my back crying like a 2 year old because he didn't like my STRC thread I started. I just was testing for STRC and I'm not actually sponsored by them. Just helping my buddy Steve out on this chassis testing. Then I see him complaining about a guy on another thread from another website and then worse actually tattled on the guy. You would think your dealing with a little kid. All I know is every thread that has a problem with an LCG chassis he is involved. I guess where their is smoke their is fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad karma will catch up to him
    Last edited by wyd10; 01-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.

RC Racer
    Looks like everyone is doing well with their new chassis setups. I been racing 2wd mod buggy as that is where all the fastest guys at our track are running right now so I been concentrating on that class. Once I get some of those GTR shocks I will then work on my Slash more. Hope to have them in a week or two. I don't want to order them from Ebay and will wait til I can order them from the Hobby Shop instead. Great Planes will eventually have them in stock and at that time I will place an order for them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Glad you have a better experience with this guy than I had. He emailed companies behind my back crying like a 2 year old because he didn't like my STRC thread I started. I just was testing for STRC and I'm not actually sponsored by them. Just helping my buddy Steve out on this chassis testing. Then I see him complaining about a guy on another thread from another website and then worse actually tattled on the guy. You would think your dealing with a little kid. All I know is every thread that has a problem with an LCG chassis he is involved. I guess where their is smoke their is fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad karma will catch up to him
    Bad press from a competitor is the best compliment you can get.

RC Qualifier
    @wyd10 Lol.. Yea SSC Mark was passionate about his work and a little jadded about small buisness and big buisness but other than that and buisness aside he was pretty cool out there. Gave me TONS of advice on my setup, the trick about simple green or WD40 on your tires to get traction on the track.. Oil's you name it.. His SSC Chassis did good but IMHO the LCG Chassis basically offer the same thing with exceptions to the Traxxas one lol.. Metal, Low, center weight u really can't screw that up... Everything else is up for debate but if you can't drive that well (like me) it won't matter if you have invested 2k in your truck.. You still will suck lol! I think at this point... For money and looks I like the STRC for a more technical approach I'd go SSC and it's a small buisness to boot.. And the TRCE is somewhere in between lol...
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Bad press from a competitor is the best compliment you can get.
    I would say in this case it has been true. Sales have been outstanding from what Steve told me.