RC Enthusiast

70/30 neutral adjustment vs 50/50

My slash seems extra sensitive lately to braking. I got some new trenchers and the pavement is warming up and I find myself almost doing endos sometimes..lol If I set the controller to 70/30 does it actually limit the amount of reverse/braking or just puts it into a smaller amount of travel? Less travel to me would make the problem even worse I think since it would be more sensitive?
    4x4 Slash fixer upper.

There are a set number of steps in the forward and reverse directions, going to 70/30 extends the space between those steps in the forward direction (less sensitive), and compresses those steps in the reverse direction (more sensitive).
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
    My slash seems extra sensitive lately to braking. I got some new trenchers and the pavement is warming up and I find myself almost doing endos sometimes..lol If I set the controller to 70/30 does it actually limit the amount of reverse/braking or just puts it into a smaller amount of travel? Less travel to me would make the problem even worse I think since it would be more sensitive?
    More sensitive to throttle less sensitive to brake. Less brake room? You have a more...how you say uh like controllable throttle.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you have the same amount of forward or brake, but you have more or less space to do it in.... in the case of reverse or brake, you will have way less movement from being on or off

you should adjust your suspension. I slam on my brakes, and my truck stops fast, and I don't get a ridiculous amount of dive, because I have my suspension tuned
    TRUMP 16!

RC Enthusiast
    So in a nutshell it makes the throttle less sensitive (more travel) and the brake more sensitive (less travel)? If so I think I will leave it at 50/50.
    4x4 Slash fixer upper.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    you have the same amount of forward or brake, but you have more or less space to do it in.... in the case of reverse or brake, you will have way less movement from being on or off

you should adjust your suspension. I slam on my brakes, and my truck stops fast, and I don't get a ridiculous amount of dive, because I have my suspension tuned
    I have my front shocks set up with two spacers in the springs and 45 weight oil. I have never been happy with the front shocks since I have had the truck (bought it used) as it does seem very soft. The rears are prolines and seem to work nicely but the rear does seem to kick up sometimes when hitting some small speed bump type jumps.
    4x4 Slash fixer upper.

If you have the TQI receiver, go to your dashboard and adjust your braking.....about 65 to 70% wont lock them.
    I forget what the "default" setting is, I would guess 60%

HANG UP AND DRIVE!
    Slash 2wd 4x4
    PRO MT Yeti 4x4

A basic illustration of how TQ 50/50 & 70/30 position work.

Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Best way to fix that is to decrease brake in the ESC settings, if the ESC doesnt have such a setting, use the radio.

In general, to get the highest 'resolution', set the radio to max throttle and brake travel (120% for most radios I think) and then do the ESC calibration again. Then decrease brake setting in the ESC until it's to your liking. Also decrease deadband in the ESC so you have less 'wasted' trigger travel.