Thread: Question

RC Qualifier

Question

Ordered parts for my spartan. Went with upgrade shaft kit. My question is the stuffing tube is as long as the flex shaft. Both are 3/16 but shouldn't the flex shaft be longer to connect collet on one end and prop on the other end ? Will I have to cut the stuffing tube ? Puzzled. Thanks

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Champion
    what shaft is it?
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    Kintec shaft upgrade kit 3/16 is all it says

RC Qualifier
    3/16 flex and 3/16 shaft cut to length is the description given

RC Qualifier
    The short tube is stock. The longer tube is the one I received. Why would they send one that needs cut? Makes no sense to me

RC Qualifier
    You need to cut the stuffing tube to match. Its not that hard, just measure and cut. I reccomend using a dremel tool or something similar with a cutoff wheel. Also, make sure you put the slight bend that you see in the stock stuffing tube so it makes the correct exit at the back of the boat. take your time, measure twice, cut once.

RC Champion
    I think they may have sent you the wrong tube, I would call them first to be sure....Just saying....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I run my boat with a straight tube and my son has the stock bent tube on his boat. I see no difference in the two. We have hundreds of runs on both boats. I do notice in your picture the overheating on the tube seems to be right at the bend.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    I run my boat with a straight tube and my son has the stock bent tube on his boat. I see no difference in the two. We have hundreds of runs on both boats. I do notice in your picture the overheating on the tube seems to be right at the bend.
    Yeah, at one point it got so hot that the bottom of the servo melted where the bend in the flex tube was. This is what caused the flex shaft to break. All parts have been upgraded and she runs like a champ now. I did have to cut the tube and put a slight bend in it. Works perfect. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Maybe a happy medium is a slight bend, less than stock, but still a bend. How did you get a straight shaft to fit? At some point the flex shaft has to bend to exit the boat since the angle between the collet and the rubber grommet at the back is different. I would assume that there is probably an area of friction without a gradual bend?

RC Qualifier
    Yup.... Definitely need a bend in it somewhere. I found the key to success to be keeping it clean and highly greased. Always do maintenance !!!