RC poster

Over all opinion

Ok , my son is about to turn 6 and he drives my Summit and 1\16th scale revo all the time. I was thinking about getting him a 1\16th scale Summit , ive never seen one run before. What is everyones opinion on them are they as reliable as the regular Summit and how do they perform in creeks and mudd? which is where i do most of my Summit driving at

RC Qualifier
    Put bigger tires on your Merv and thats how the 1/16 summit drives. The mini summit is identical to the Merv with the exception of the springs, long travel rockers, body, smaller pinion (for more tourque) and 10mm more wheel base. The axles are different, but they break pretty easy and most people tend to put the Merv ones on to replace since they're stronger. It is in no way going to perform as well as your big summit does in mud and rocks.

Most 16th Summit owners end up with a 16th Revo with a Summit body after swapping the weak links for stronger ones. lol

Maxx was right: "It is in no way going to perform as well as your big summit does in mud and rocks"
    Not even close... not without heavy modifications... once modified you could have a used 10th scale Summit.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    ok thanks guys , that idea is out.