RC Enthusiast

sway bar set ups

Ok i got the sway bar how do you bums suggest i set it up for my bsckyard track its got loose dirt hard dirt patchy grass almost dirt and very bumpy

RC Qualifier
    I started with the silver up front and black on the rear. i adjusted the stifness depending on how the track was... if i had understeer i made the rear stiffer, and so on n so on. Now that i went to a SSC Chassis i dont run them at all..
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Enthusiast
    Why stiffer on back only i guess i gotta figure it through trial and error just tryin to get a little head start

RC Qualifier
    I went stiffer in the rear cause thats what i read in the instructions you should do for a truck that understeers (Is tight or pushing the nose) I started with the silver front and black rear, and made the rear very stiff (so there was ALOT of oversteer, but thats how i drive) then i slowly decreased the rear until i was happy with it.
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Qualifier
    im opposite silver rear flush black front 9mm back from tip. it is all about how u drive the truck and how it talks back to u. i always go to a part of the track that i have troubles with and adjust truck,then hit that same spot at the same speed ,same approach. thats how i can tell what the truck is doing . lots of time and lots of trial and error.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    Try both black, flush rear 9 mm front. Also move shock positions out, change springs to reds non progressive . Toe out 1.5 degrees on front tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Ya the progressive springs blow im tryim to find some will losi springs work i found those in like a variety pack

RC Qualifier
    I'm using the red losi..love them

RC Enthusiast
    Ok i just watered down the track and ran a 2s lipo through my rustler vxl and it is runnin beast now i go out water down again andtry this sway bar im excited im not gonna lie