RC Qualifier

another question about shocks (best shocks for bashing)

hello guys what would you recommend for bashing and jumping. i like to go to the skate park and do big air jumps, some drops are like 15-20 ft. i have a set of gpm big bores and i am constantly bending the damper shaft and cracking the piston ring. i also have a set of the integy piggybacks and they leak like crazy and i also bend the damper shaft. lastly i have a set of pro-line powerstrokes and i broke them on my first big jump. i am so frustrated trying to find a set of shocks that hold up. please help. thanks

RC Qualifier
    For what it's worth, I've not had any issues with my Traxxas big bores, but it sounds like I am not as hard on mine as you are on yours You have pretty much tried the big players in this area outside the Traxxas ones, so you just as well give them a shot.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dsanders337 View Post
    For what it's worth, I've not had any issues with my Traxxas big bores, but it sounds like I am not as hard on mine as you are on yours You have pretty much tried the big players in this area outside the Traxxas ones, so you just as well give them a shot.
    yeah i think i am going to try the traxxas big bores next. the only thing i dont like about them is that they are not threaded. but if they dont leak and the damper shafts are made out of that harden steel so hopefully they dont bend.

RC Champion
    You can use the stock shocks at the skate park. Use aluminum caps and 50wt oil along with nitride shafts as the stockers bend. Been doing that for over 2 years. Just upgraded my wt to 90wt with some copper colored emaxx springs and will start using rpm pistons too for my mamba 2200 setup...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    You can get a set of used D8 16mm shock's for the price of big bore's. They are alot better than the big bore's in my opinion.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Just bought the Ten T shocks on Ebay, I'm told they are a great shock for the Slash 4x4

Losi Ten-T would be a great shock for your truck. It's much beefier and plush than the BB's.

Another option is the Ofna LX2E front shocks on the rear, and Losi Ten-T fronts on the front. The Ofna is a 1/8 buggy and the front shocks are perfect for the rear of our 1/10 trucks. You'll need to use a washer or two as a spacer to have adequate clearance on the bottom mount so the spring doesn't rub the A-arm.

And Ofna makes tons of springs to tune your handling.

You can also use Losi SCTE springs all around, but I had to use a washer at the top mounts for proper clearance.

So many options so little time...
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...