I have a lipo question

I have had the same Venom lipos for almost three years! They still run good but I would like a new lipo. The 11.1v 5000mah 50c lipo from Venom costs about $115.00 SPC has the same lipo for around $75.00 seeing if people have had good success with SPC. Venom has an awesome warranty and the lipos are good quality but the priice difference is making me want to try something new. Also SPC lipos can be charged at a 2c rate, Venom only 1c.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S 2400 MIP King Headz RPM 3PL

RC poster
    Gens Ace,running a 3s 4000 mah in my E maxx as well as a large wing and they work great.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensace25c1.html

I have a friend who has had extremely bad luck with Gens Ace. I am a little hesitant. I thank you for sharing your experience

RC poster
    I have a Gens ace 2s 40c 5000mah that have 15-20 charges and have not had any problems so far,but I am still only running the Velineon set up.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-11-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Content

Hmm seems like a lot of people are running Gens Ace. Spc has a 11.1v 50c 5400 mah shipped for $66.00! Is there a comparable lipo for less? Anyone have a link?

I don't think you'll believe the difference if you decide to go with SPC. However, if you are looking for a no-questions-asked, replace-it-no-matter-what-I-do-to-it warranty, you will not find that at SPC. They have a FAIR warranty, not a crazy one.
    I don't run my pack from August 2008 any more, but i still have some from 2009.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    We recently acquired a slash 4x4...this weekend we bashed all day Saturday the SPC batteries are so nice to run in it. The punch they provided really impressed us.Then on the other hand the Venom packs we have are quite a disappointment they stayed hot & performance was sad compared to both the SPC & Traxxas ones we ran
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I don't think you'll believe the difference if you decide to go with SPC. However, if you are looking for a no-questions-asked, replace-it-no-matter-what-I-do-to-it warranty, you will not find that at SPC. They have a FAIR warranty, not a crazy one.
    I don't run my pack from August 2008 any more, but i still have some from 2009.
    So they will make that much of an improvement? I trust your judgement. Venom has an awesome warranty but I am willing to try something new for performance gains. For the price, its worth the risk

look up SMC-racing.com lipo packs. looks like they have a better warranty than SPC last time i checked them out. they have alot of their lipos on sale also right now.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    would a smc pack be better than gens ace

alot better quality thats for sure and think it performs very good just like the spc packs do. got to remember you do get what you pay for and some companies do price their lipos right to help cost to customers those are the ones i like to help more. i've been thinking of getting either gensace, smc, spc
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    alright im going to get an smc pack and see how that goes!
    probably there 60c 6000mah 2s

RC Qualifier

This is a no brainer..

You can't beat the accurate C rating, performance or the customer service from SPC..The SPC 11v 5400mah 50C are also on sale for about $62 shipped.. http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=121

So you could get TWO SPC lipo packs or one venom..I hope the 2s packs go on sale soon but that's wishful thinking cause they usually sell out
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    my friend had bad luck with spc quality and cs

RC Qualifier
    I run sky lipos, their usually in stock, cheap, and hold up nicely. I run the soft packs since they have the little metal shields inside the shrink rap and are cheaper than hard packs, heh. My p4de with slash chassis wheelys on demand with the 3s 40c 3000mah packs i buy, so a bigger pack should do even better.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    You can't beat the accurate C rating, performance or the customer service from SPC..The SPC 11v 5400mah 50C are also on sale for about $62 shipped.. http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=121

So you could get TWO SPC lipo packs or one venom..I hope the 2s packs go on sale soon but that's wishful thinking cause they usually sell out
    That is the lipo I'm looking to buy! I am waiting for more positive comments from our Slash 4x4 family members! I trust you guys and I am about to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have a friend who has had extremely bad luck with Gens Ace. I am a little hesitant. I thank you for sharing your experience
    And I had a bad experience with the Gens Ace sister brand. I bought 3 packs because shipping kills you if you just get 1 pack, and 2 out of 3 packs wouldn't take a charge within about 60 days of purchase.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Spc has done me good for a while. 3 packs from them. But 2 has puffed. My 1st 2s puffed after 25th charge.
    2nd pack got a good 40 charge b4 it puffed. My 3s is holding up after 30 charges.
    About to get 3s 50c this time for the 2650 mmp I have yet to install.
    What cause them to puff? Anyhow. Spc is my fav lipo so far

This morning I had a great conversation with the gentleman who owns the company. I am going to go ahead and get it. I will let you know how well it does. Still a little nervous but chance is good.

RC poster
    Big Squid RC did a lipo shootout you may want to check out. http://www.bigsquidrc.com/lipo-batte...0-mah-edition/

That is quite an informative article! They need to test 3s packs. Gens Ace, who would've guessed

RC poster
    The only batteries I have experience with are Traxxas and Venom.
    There was a noticeable difference between the two.
    The traxxas are noticeably peppier.

I bought a spc today because of this thread. I got shipping confirmation same day.
    Last edited by hero.; 09-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.