RC Qualifier

Can I switch DC with the radio?

Hi. I want to run some LED's on my Traxxas model and wondered if there was an easy way for me to switch the LED's on/off using a spare channel. I really want to avoid running an external power supply (9v battery) and figured there must be a way I can use the receiver power as well.... ??

Thanks for any input boys!
    http://www.mkeeler.com

RC Qualifier
    There are a few posts for it on here, just use search button. Also some on YouTube

"Do a search" is not an appropriate reply on these forums.
    Please post a valid reply or refrain.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    I tried. What are you searching? Search for LED's and you'll be here all night reading through tips on how to connect two wires to a battery
    http://www.mkeeler.com

RC Champion
    I picked up something called a receiver switch. You just hit a switch on the remote, and the receiver switch turns on or off. There are LED controllers out there that have receiver switches. This forum doesn't want people posting links to other manufacturers, but here's a video of me using mine:

Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I picked up something called a receiver switch. You just hit a switch on the remote, and the receiver switch turns on or off. There are LED controllers out there that have receiver switches. This forum doesn't want people posting links to other manufacturers, but here's a video of me using mine...
    There are now only a VERY FEW manufacturers that are not permitted. If you have a question on this policy, please contact a marshal, moderator, or employee. What you posted is incorrect on its face.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    PM sent to you with added information

RC poster
    You can use a RC switch with a regulator 78L05 to get supply from RC connector and a LM317 mounted in current generator connected to the battery. You have to insert a resistor R=1.2/I on the regulator to provide the I current ( typ 20mA).