RC Racer

Looking to get summit soon???s

Im looking to get summit soon and would like to know if anybody is running 2s in series or parrlel with good temps. As well as if tall trenchers fit stock rims if not does premounts work cuz i liked em on my tmaxx. I just watched the unboxing vid and see the summit is as low to ground as a slash, whats the deal?? How do you raise it without stiffening the suspension too much??? Thanks!!!

RC Qualifier
    The EVX-2 is internally wired in series, so I dont think you could run it in parallel. When they package the Summit they tie the suspension up so that is keeps the box small as possible. I watched a unboxing video on Youtube and the guy cut the ties and the Summit raises up to it stock height. I think the video was by leprechen79. Im not sure if that spelled right, but watch his Summit unboxing video. At least the 1/10 Summit is shipped liked this.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by woog421 View Post
    The EVX-2 is internally wired in series, so I dont think you could run it in parallel. When they package the Summit they tie the suspension up so that is keeps the box small as possible. I watched a unboxing video on Youtube and the guy cut the ties and the Summit raises up to it stock height. I think the video was by leprechen79. Im not sure if that spelled right, but watch his Summit unboxing video. At least the 1/10 Summit is shipped liked this.
    You are correct...just got mine and I had to cut the ties and WOW... the beast has been awake... the EVX-2 is already wired in series and running those 2s 7600's is sweet, remember that older EVX2 does not support Lipo (LVD installed) but newer versions has the LVD... The summit MUST run on 2 batteries of the SAME at all times... So now my summit runs on 4s' in total...
    Last edited by leblanc74@hotmail.com; 09-10-2012 at 02:03 AM.

The older does handle LiPo, however....

The new EXV2 must have the same 2S battery on both sides, but the older one could have a 2S and a 3S for a total of 5S.

There is no real benefit in getting the EVX2 to run on 2S in parallel... the Summit really needs 4S to get itself moving.

Running 4S, I have never been hotter than 120F.... no matter what conditions I am running in. (200F is the temp to stay away from)

There is a Trencher post a few threads down with good info on them:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-or-Trencher-X
    (I guess it made it to page 2 lol)
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.