RC Competitor

Away with EZ start

Sense I'm wanting to make my Slayer faster, and more agile. I want to remove wait. Which means the EZ start needs to come off. Whats some better alternatives?
    "Haters gonna hate, bashers gonna bash!!"

Sense I'm wanting to make my Slayer faster, and more agile. I want to remove wait. Which means the EZ start needs to come off. Whats some better alternatives?
    I really like the ez start, because when it dies when I have the body on, I don't have to take it of to start it. If you want to get rid of the ez start, just get a pull start and a glow plug igniter. Here is a link to a pull starter, http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Reco..._p/tra5170.htm And a link to the glow plug igniter... http://www.rcplanet.com/Redcat_Racin...p/red80104.htm I like this long igniter because it can reach deep into the body without you needing to take the body off... But, with a pull start, you will have to take the body off anyway to start it... Hope this helps!
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeTeton

RC Champion
    pull starts have their advantages but after a day of trying to tune my truck, my finders made the decision to stick with the ez start.

You can build a "bump start" box, or buy one and not have to worry about either

It's not a whole lot of weight that comes off, but an advantage none-the-less. With a good tune it takes all of a couple pulls to get the engine to run and the only thing in my pocket is a tuning screwdriver and a glow ignitor. No need to carry a heavy wand around or a drill (for a roto-start). Can start anywhere.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It's not a whole lot of weight that comes off, but an advantage none-the-less. With a good tune it takes all of a couple pulls to get the engine to run and the only thing in my pocket is a tuning screwdriver and a glow ignitor. No need to carry a heavy wand around or a drill (for a roto-start). Can start anywhere.
    Don't forget your temp gauge. It really isn't that much weight you are removing, but where the weight is on the truck is up high. I noticed it didn't have quite as much body roll after removing it.

RC Competitor
    Good tip with pull starts is to wear a thick glove. It is so much easier on your hands. And double g brings up a great point.

Another thing I forgot to add is that it is easier to tell when you flood your engine with a pull start. When the rope gets hard to yank, you've flooded it.

Glove, Naaa. Gloves are for sissies Mine always starts in 3 pulls.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    Another thing I forgot to add is that it is easier to tell when you flood your engine with a pull start. When the rope gets hard to yank, you've flooded it.

Glove, Naaa. Gloves are for sissies Mine always starts in 3 pulls.
    Well first starts on inline 2-strokes can be a difficult task. But now that all my gas rc's are tuned I don't even bring a glove to the lake

RC Qualifier
    rotostart...

rotostart...
    Ugh, I hate carrying things around... The ez start wand is easy to use, and so is the pull start. The roto start on the other hand, can get very frustrating...

RC Qualifier
    what machine have u had a rotostart for??

My friend has a hpi, and it has a rotostart, and it never seems to work, even when he bought a new motor for the drill part...

RC Qualifier
    never had a problem i "tuned right" should fire up with one small press of the button.. love them.. and u dont have the heavy ez start system on your truck.. less rotating mass and weight = more speed and performance!!!!

never had a problem i "tuned right" should fire up with one small press of the button.. love them.. and u dont have the heavy ez start system on your truck.. less rotating mass and weight = more speed and performance!!!!
    True, but I'll admit, I'm lazy. I like just having to press a button....

RC Qualifier
    LOL fair enough