RC Racer

Bought a second Stampede. (have a couple questions)

This afternoon I won an eBay auction for a used Stampede 4x4. I just gave my son a new one for his Birthday a couple days ago.

First question, is there anything I need to do for us to run both at the same time? I know the really cheap RC's are made with limited usable frequencies, I doubt the Traxxas is the same, but I thought I'd ask.

Also I know its too late now, but I'd like to know how I did on my decision. The seller said he got it nine months ago, used it a lot when he first got it, but hasn't used it quite a while because of lack of time. He says it has RPM front A-arms, MIP steel rear axles, ESC fan and motor heat sink. I got it for $250. Thats about $150 less than I just paid for my son's, plus it has a few extras. Hopefully I did ok, I've been seeing used rollers going for around $150.

Anything I should look out for when it arrives? Hopefully I get it before the end of next week.

RC Qualifier
    Both can run at once no problem. You can even use one remote for both trucks if you link them. See instruction book. 250s a good deal the axle axles are a must with this truck and there 70 bucks i think. Enjoy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not a bad deal, it should have 2.4ghz digital radio wich allows you to run without interference, the bind is locked so your son can run his without problem.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by braaap58 View Post
    Both can run at once no problem.
    Awesome

You can even use one remote for both trucks if you link them. See instruction book.
    I don't think we'd want to do that. We want to drive them at the same time. But its good to know that it's possible.

250s a good deal the axle axles are a must with this truck and there 70 bucks i think. Enjoy
    Then maybe I should think about upgrading my son's truck to them. Or at least pick them up and if/when the stock ones break we'd have them.

As long as one of you has a 2.4 radio. You will be fine. And I am guessing the one you bought should.
    For the price, pretty decent deal.
    MT Slash VXL
    Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    As long as one of you has a 2.4 radio. You will be fine. And I am guessing the one you bought should.
    For the price, pretty decent deal.
    Its about 9 months old. I only started looking into these trucks about a month ago. Did they come with 2.4ghz radios about that long ago?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes since they were released they come with the 2.4 radio.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lowsaturn View Post
    Awesome

I don't think we'd want to do that. We want to drive them at the same time. But its good to know that it's possible.

Then maybe I should think about upgrading my son's truck to them. Or at least pick them up and if/when the stock ones break we'd have them.
    stock ones are $3, i've yet to break mine. if you keep breaking them upgrade. It all depends how you drive, what batteries you use, what motor you have. This hobby gets expensive when you upgrade before something breaks.

I have the most fun when my son and I drive our trucks together. Lately we've been doing speed runs with the Rusty and his Sl2sh. I just got a Sl4sh roller that is going together as I buy parts.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

sounds like some good times a head when you have got the cash mips all round on both trucks and alu bearing adaptor then you can bash and have good father and son time
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    I think we're going to have a lot fo fun together. Now we have to find some nice spots in the area to go out an have fun in.