Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Champion

T-Maxx Brushless Conversion

I bought this T-Maxx from a friend off of another forum who bought it from someone else. It has aluminum bulkheads, skids, bumpers, steel cvd's and integy piggy back shocks that I will be transferring over. I bought a rolling chassis embe for my flm build so I will be taking the chassis, diffs, arms, and 17mm adapters from that. I will rit dye the chassis black probably tonight. I have taken a mamba monster 2200 system off my slash to use with this build. I had problems with the speed control but I just received the replacement from castle today in the mail. I already have traxxas center steel cvd's along with ue knucklehead shock towers, rpm skid protectors and revo rear end links that will go towards this build
    From ebay I ordered a red/black embe body, robinson racing 7960 spur gear, stock links/carrier knuckles/servo saver/rx box/transmission/motor mount plate and 2 spc 5400 50c 2s batteries.
    I really enjoy building the vehicle more than driving it but I have fun with that too. I will probably upgrade to an rpm true track later and upgrade anything that breaks as I go along. I'm going to need help identifying the aluminum parts that the truck came with and the cvd's.

Last edited by SLW-SVT; 09-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    I got some work done on the emaxx today. Does anybody recognize what cvd's and bulkhead's these are? I cleaned up the integy shocks and put 60 weight oil all around. I'm not a fan of these but they look good. The cvd cups did not fit in the 3908 differentials but i was able to trim them to fit. I won't be able to use the 3908 carriers with these axles so I will be keeping the older style carriers for now. The front is done except for the steering. I'm going to use two of the 2018 servo's from the tmaxx for now. I have a couple of hitec 5625 metal gear servo's but I need to order new gear sets for them.

RC Racer
    cvd's look like rd logics

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    looking good
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Champion
    thanks, well the rd logics didn't work out. I wanted to use the 3908 carriers but the cvd's are too short. I went to the lhs which is an hour away to get the traxxas cvd's and I picked up a couple of hitec metal gear servo's. I tried the stock servo arms but they stripped out pretty easily. I have some aluminum arms but they put the end links to close together so I need to figure something out to use both servo's. I got the truck finished for now. I need to order the tbone wheelie bar because I've landed on the top a few times already. The masher looking tires aren't going to work out. the make the truck pull to one side or the other when going high speed. I have some trencher x's on 1/2 offset desperado's.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    man i'm liking the speed monster E-MAXX with LCG chassis
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Champion
    It's a lot of fun! I think this truck is heading in the same direction but with a regular flm chassis. I picked up some more phaltlines. I like them a lot on the street since they slide instead of tipping the truck over when I turn. Here's a vid that my wife took. 4s is enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I found a Supermaxx ext set of arm, knuckles and pillow balls on eBay and bought them for this build. Hopefully the rd logic cvds I have will work. Does anybody know that they will?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I'm having trouble getting both Hitec servo's to line up straight. I'm using dynamite aluminum servo horns. when one side is centered I can get the horn parallel to the chassis but the other side will be at a slight angle. I've tried zeroing out both servo's separately while the other was unplugged but I can't get them parallel with each other. How do I get them parallel?

RC Qualifier
    Where did you get your street tire/wheel setup???
    -EMB (GPS 51.6mph)
    -Spartan (GPS 48.2mph)

RC Champion
    I got them at two different lhs's. I highly reccomend them!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hpi-4731-Mou...item5ae808a8cd