Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    All right folks this is what everybody has been waiting for and wanting. Got my old camera out and recharged the battery hoping it would last long enough to get a video. It's grainy and not to great due to camera is about shot.
    Got three videos for ya. One at floor level without body, one a little higher up without body and then one with body.
    Sorry no outside shoots as it is raining.
    Crab looks to be kinda worthless IMO !

This one is at floor level and with all video just trying to show how the steering works and the difference in turning radius with 4 wheel steer activated.

Without body with camera set on coffee table

With the body on with camera setting on coffee table, and looks like got some light work to do they are still flickering as you will see.
    Last edited by Edstoys; 10-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.

RC Champion
    Wow, more than ever I'm sold on the 4ws! Haha, I have my servo, my steering rig and all that, just no computer yet.

How are the rear-wheels for returning to center?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Wow, more than ever I'm sold on the 4ws! Haha, I have my servo, my steering rig and all that, just no computer yet.

How are the rear-wheels for returning to center?
    With the regular 4 wheel steer not that big of a problem but with the crab it does not always want to return to dead center all the time. Need to try and do a little more adjusting on the Punk but not sure it won't throw something else out. Also noticed need to reset my toe in/out which may help with centering. That crab steer is kinda worthless IMO so doubt is it gets used much if at all. Buying Jimmie's first radio build sure helped out a LOT with this build, especially with the 4 wheel steering using the punk steering computer.
    Last edited by Edstoys; 10-12-2012 at 08:54 PM.

RC Champion
    Yeah the little things like toe tuning will make a big difference in straight line performance! Great work man, I'm getting annoyed seeing everyones projects starting and finishing before mine! hahaha

I'm stuck on this - forever waiting routine on parts, I have about 17 packages of tid bits on their way here from China.

Keep it up!

RC Qualifier
    Don't get to annoyed yours is a lot more complicated than anyone else. Besides that got a back order in today and got a double alum servo arm that would work out great ONLY problem is, would have to turn the servo vert. for it to work do to the alum. bumper brackets also included where the Traxxas Aluminum Hollow Ball Set Revo with bump steer shims.
    Beginning to think once you customize your Summit that's it there is no end to it

RC poster
    Impressive.
    I got most of the parts together, similar to your implementation. I hope to work on mine this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Edstoys View Post
    Buying Jimmie's first radio build sure helped out a LOT with this build, especially with the 4 wheel steering using the punk steering computer.
    Thanks buddy!
    I kinda designed the modifications around/for the Punk SPC.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Did you guys see posts 157 & 158 on page 4 ? Jimmie you will understand more after you see your IM why all the wires.

Here are links to 157 and 158 for those that don't want to search...

Crab walking become more useful once you start crawling. Sometimes just a little bit shorter of a wheel base is all you need to conquer an obstacle... or to get that rear tire to grab the only traction you can find yet still be able to head the same direction.
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron; 10-13-2012 at 12:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Had to do some work on my Rx box to make room for more stuff

Here is the box before altering

Here it is after making it taller. What was done was cut the top of one at the first form line from the top (where it bends in) then epoxied another top to it. Filled in the gaps/sanded/painted.

Inside view, the switch from china does not show but that great as they are not supposed to be shown anyway and its velcroed to the top,CCBEC to the side. Punk function light still shows threw the indicator window.

Quality work!!