Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    Looking good

What body mount modifications did you make to fit the F250?
    Cheers mate...I used the eRevo body mounts; that's how I got the body lower to the chassis. I have modified the Summits body posts to suit too, they will be kept as spares .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, I love the look of the big joes, I'm gonna have to do some research as to what offset rims they can be put on so they don't rub the a-arms. I'd like to have a set of joes for more general purpose uses like trails and when it snows. Then I can keep my weighted canyons for climbing.

Removing the 48 screws to take off the weights would be no fun and time consuming. The threads in the wheels probably wouldn't hold up long either.

That body turned out pretty sweet. Nice and low, wheel wells line up nice and scale like...even if it does have that blue oval on the front

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    The truck has come along so nicely, totally unique now! Awesome.
    Thanks mate....
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by happymachinist View Post
    Looks good, I love the look of the big joes, I'm gonna have to do some research as to what offset rims they can be put on so they don't rub the a-arms. I'd like to have a set of joes for more general purpose uses like trails and when it snows. Then I can keep my weighted canyons for climbing.

Removing the 48 screws to take off the weights would be no fun and time consuming. The threads in the wheels probably wouldn't hold up long either.

That body turned out pretty sweet. Nice and low, wheel wells line up nice and scale like...even if it does have that blue oval on the front
    Thanks...I was thinking of removing the HPP Hex Adapters and replacing with a 6mm or 12mm Integy offset adapter. I think I would prefer the offset on this truck. I ordered Axial oversize beadlock rims for my Trenchers...I will have to see what the narrow tyre will look like on those rims, hopefully OK considering the price I paid for the rims.

Removing 48 screw is not fun.

I do like the Joes...they do alright where I am using my truck .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation My Ford F-250 body decal

This is a continuation of post #78

I did take some pics of my truck with decals on before first use...its not looking so clean and shiny anymore. This is what I managed to come up with. I am really happy with this body and the effort I put in...It turned out great with the colour scheme and decal on.

As you can see I am using RPM bumpers and bumper mounts on this build. I do like the look its given my truck .

And here is a few shots with my eRevo .

Last edited by craig.mitch316; 10-23-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

Looks like I will be doing some soldering tonight ; not a strong point of mine.

I will be using EC5 connectors for my DeWalt and ESC.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 10-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

Interesting EC5 connectors. Mine (for my PL6 charger) have a different male pin.

I do not like the typical banana-type bullets.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-23-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Interesting EC5 connectors. Mine (for my PL6 charger) have a different male pin. I do not like the typical banana-type bullets.
    Thanks for the info mate...I'll use these for now see how they go...interesting that they sell 2 different male pins for the same connector. I never noticed the male pins when I was looking for the EC5 connector; I do prefer the one you showed.
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation EC5 Connectors for DeWalt motot

I was a bit lazy in the beginning once I had my truck set up. I didn't feel like soldering as it is not a strong point of mine and ended up using the prepped wires and connectors I bought from Kershaw Design with my motor. I ran about 3 2/2s battery sessions with the single back and red wire from the ESC like this but now have decided to do it properly.

This is what I ended up doing tonight. I had an old ESC that I had fried in the beginning of the year from going through a massive puddle of water; I took the 10G wire from it and soldered to the motor brushes.

I then soldered the banana bullet to each end and installed into the EC5 connector housing.

I then soldered the female bullet to the ESC wire.

It came out well and was a lot easier than I originally had anticipated.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Nice job craig, I need to do the same as you, as I also took the easy route to start with.
    Tekin powered Summit