RC Racer

Why is my IPOD freezing up ??

The last couple of days I've been messing around and my IPOD quits displaying anything. It just locks up and the gauges are all stuck where it froze up. If I go to reset the top speed it just displays where it was locked up. It works maybe 2-3 minutes that is it. I've tryed sync now and it seems to work for a little while but not long. Anyone else have this problem ??

RC Qualifier
    Typical apple, have you tried reinstalling the app? Updating your iPod?

Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    The last couple of days I've been messing around and my IPOD quits displaying anything. It just locks up and the gauges are all stuck where it froze up. If I go to reset the top speed it just displays where it was locked up. It works maybe 2-3 minutes that is it. I've tryed sync now and it seems to work for a little while but not long. Anyone else have this problem ??
    Whenever I have seen this issue there is something wrong with the iOS on the device. Backup what data you have on the device to your computer and do a full restore on the iPod. Make for sure you have the most up to date version of iTunes before you begin the process and that should fix the issue that you are having.

RC Racer
    Yuck. That sucks !! Can't believe that you guys pretty much think its the IPOD. Its brand new. I'll hook it back up to the internet I guess and see what happens. I haven't had it online since I got the traxxas app and unlocked the car. I only use it for the car. Thanks !!

RC Qualifier
    Download windows 7.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    Yuck. That sucks !! Can't believe that you guys pretty much think its the IPOD. Its brand new. I'll hook it back up to the internet I guess and see what happens. I haven't had it online since I got the traxxas app and unlocked the car. I only use it for the car. Thanks !!
    Just because it's brand new don't mean it has the latest update.......

RC Enthusiast
    Connect your I-pod to a wifi and then you will have to update receiver and transmitter software... and the traxxas application too

RC Racer
    Well I just updated my IPOD. Didn't even know there was such a thing. There were no updates for the Traxxas app. Have to see what she does later. My 19 tooth pinion arrived yesterday so I'll have to see what difference that makes. I have also noticed with the car in the air there is a really bad vibration in the rear drive train. Its at about 30 mph. Its been breaking upper control arms. I figure it has to be because of the vibration. I haven't crashed it in a long time. I broke the same control arm twice in one night. I wonder if the oil I used in the differential is too light ?? Or if the differential was damaged when it was out of oil. I might have to get some new parts. I even tryed new complete driveshafts and different tires. It made no difference. Any ideas ??

RC Racer
    Everything works just fine now !! I also got rid of the vibration. The Hex Hub that the tire mounts to was messed up. The bearings would bind up when I put the hub retainer on. Just the slightest bit of tight and it would make it hard to turn. I tossed that part and stuck a new one on and it is perfect. The 19 tooth pinion is great for my road. It is just a bit too fast but I think I can deal with it. Its now running 70-71 MPH in a very short stretch. Thanks again you guys for all your info !!!! The car is flawless now and its happy !!!

RC Qualifier
    yea that hub retainer is a pain , even the axle adapter set screw Ive noticed ive I dont screw it all the way in it has more spin and lets the bearings spin more freely then if screwed in all the way
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    So maybe the other hex hub isn't junk. Maybe the set screw goes in too far on the old part. I'll have to check my other hex hubs but I think everything is good to go now. Heres another question for you guys. Where do you get new shoulder screws that hold the Steering block to the caster blocks ?? They aren't shown and they aren't listed. I sure could use some new ones. There is some caster blocks , steering blocks and the rear blocks on ebay in one auction that have the screws. Thats all I can find. Even a part number would do wonders.

RC Enthusiast
    Everything works just fine now !! I also got rid of the vibration. The Hex Hub that the tire mounts to was messed up. The bearings would bind up when I put the hub retainer on. Just the slightest bit of tight and it would make it hard to turn. I tossed that part and stuck a new one on and it is perfect. The 19 tooth pinion is great for my road. It is just a bit too fast but I think I can deal with it. Its now running 70-71 MPH in a very short stretch. Thanks again you guys for all your info !!!! The car is flawless now and its happy !!!
    I don't know if you already made the change but connect your castle ESC to your computer and disable torque limit (value 0) and your xo-1 will really come alive !!

RC Racer
    I haven't connected this car to castle link but I have with my other car. Maybe I'll do that this week. Is there more speed to be gained or will it just have more power to get to max speed ?? Thanks for the tip !!

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't connected this car to castle link but I have with my other car. Maybe I'll do that this week. Is there more speed to be gained or will it just have more power to get to max speed ?? Thanks for the tip !!
    More power in the sense of more responsive to throttle...