RC Enthusiast

I think my esc took a dump.

I finally got the shims for my diff so I could put my rig back together. I was bashing for quite a while when suddenly the truck just shut off. I summed it up to voltage cut off and didn't think much of it. When I was replacing servo gears it attempted to power it up to center the servo but it wouldn't power up just flashed a very dull red light. So I grabbed a second battery and attempted turning it on with the same results. Any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Unplug the servo and see if the ESC functions properly, if it does your servo is toast. Sound weird I know, but the servo causes some crazy things to happen when it goes bad.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    Unplug the servo and see if the ESC functions properly, if it does your servo is toast. Sound weird I know, but the servo causes some crazy things to happen when it goes bad.
    Maximum is right the servo will make u think the car is dead, till u unplug it,
    Or u could have a legit dead esc, mine died straight outa the box I was not impressed

RC Enthusiast
    Servo fixed it. Thank you for the heads up! I decided to do dual servos and it helped a lot.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A single strong servo is better than duals. Duals will end up fighting each other

to the death, I might add.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.