RC Racer

HobbyWing's SC8-WP ESC

If staying 4S is no problem for you, you could say that it's the perfect way to go waterproof with the ERBE, isn't it?
    It's proven to be truly underwater-waterproof, rated for 120A continious, works with up to 4S LiPo and a max of 3000 KV brushless motors (with 4S).

So wouldn't it be a good idea to hook it up to the Mamba Monster motor and 18/54 gearing and have a waterproof brushless E-Revo?
    I can't find much about that combination, so either it's not such a great idea, or no one has really tried it yet...?
    Greetz, JEREMY.

RCblog.nl - Summit*ERBE*Sl4sh

RC Enthusiast
    They are a great esc. I own two 120 amper and one 80 amber.
    80 is in my merv and the other two SC8's are in my Slash and Rustler. I could not recommend them higher.

I'd have one in my e-revo as well but I'm running 6's.

not too many have tried this combo about castle MMM motor and hobbywing sc8 but it will work you would need to solder on the right size bullet connectors on the esc though to match the motor. i have this esc look up my thread in the emaxx brushless forum and you can see pics of it mounted to my hobbywing xerun 4274 2000KV brushless motor. great combo and the motor i have is just about the same size as the MMM. if you get this esc pick up the program carb either the one you can see in my pics the basic one of the LCD program box that has the PC hook and software upgradable helps fine tune your setup which helps alot.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Thanks guys.

So it would basically work as a long lasting setup on the big ERBE?
    I have no problems with the MMM ESC, but I just want to be able to see some water and snow (when winter's there) without having to worry about the ESC everytime.

I have no problems with 4S, but although the specifications says it'll be alright, I just want to make sure that the SC8-WP ESC is up to the task being combined with the MMM 2200 KV motor and 18/54 gearing.
    Greetz, JEREMY.

RC Enthusiast
    ok.. i dont run lipos so i am not all sure about the lingo associated with it, but what is a 4s or 6s?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by donegotdirt View Post
    ok.. i dont run lipos so i am not all sure about the lingo associated with it, but what is a 4s or 6s?
    4S = 4 cells in Series
    6S = 6 cells in Series

In other words: 4 cells and 6 cells LiPo.
    Greetz, JEREMY.

3.7v is one cell
    7.4 is two cells
    11.1 is three cells
    14.8 is four cells
    and so on, every time you go up in cells add 3.7v
    or take 3.7 times the ## of cells

so 2/2s in series is 14.8v

Batts in series double the voltage:
    2x 2s 20c 5000mah = 4s 20c 5000mah

Batts in parallel double the mah capacity:
    2x 2s 20c 5000mah = 2s 20c 10,000mah.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

I just bought this combo for another truck I am building...will need to test and give my opinion. I only plan on running it 4s.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Ok, well thinking about just getting the SC8-WP ESC, solder on 6.5 mm bullets and hook it up to the Mamba Monster motor.
    Greetz, JEREMY.

RC Qualifier
    I have this ESC, and a hobbywing 2000 kv motor. Still at home new in the box. Putting it in my Emaxx chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjon View Post
    Ok, well thinking about just getting the SC8-WP ESC, solder on 6.5 mm bullets and hook it up to the Mamba Monster motor.
    this is kinda the idea i was having except with a vxl-3s hooked up to the monster motor

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by donegotdirt View Post
    this is kinda the idea i was having except with a vxl-3s hooked up to the monster motor
    I bet the touchy Lvc goes off all the time before the smoke blows. There is a reason Traxxas buys mambas from castle for the ERBE instead of just using their own VXL3s Rustler ESC. Plus 6.5mm bullets would look really funny and useless soldered to the 13ga vxl3s wires.

RC Enthusiast
    why would the castle motor take out the esc? all the research that i have done i cannot find a reason that it wont work, or cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller View Post
    I have this ESC, and a hobbywing 2000 kv motor. Still at home new in the box. Putting it in my Emaxx chassis.

I just bought one of these mate...its on its way. How does it go mounting to the eMaxx chassis. Does it fit exactly in the same mounting holes as the MMM esc. Mine is for an eRevo chasis.
    Rock n Rolla !

same combo i bought and its working great, tons of power and runs cool both esc and motor unless i run 100% throttle all the time non stop then the motor gets warm and esc just a bit warm but not much more cooler. you'll like that combo there

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I just bought one of these mate...its on its way. How does it go mounting to the eMaxx chassis. Does it fit exactly in the same mounting holes as the MMM esc. Mine is for an eRevo chasis.
    this is how mine mounted.

^ are you running a brick 4s??

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    ^ are you running a brick 4s??
    nope two 4000 40C 2s
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-30-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Content

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    this is how mine mounted.
    Thanks mate...I'll have to wait for it to arrive and see how it will fit to the eRevo chassis and how to secure it in place,
    Rock n Rolla !

should come with some mounting screws on it, i used different ones as i didnt see the one's included till later on when i opened all the stuff up that came with combo.

Is the mounting hole the same width as the MMM esc mounting holes.

I was looking at my mates eMaxx chassis now and the holes you mounted the esc compared to the MMM esc hole location seem to be the same width.

If thats the case that will be a direct fit onto the eRevo chassis.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Sweet! Can't wait to see it in your revo chassis!

same combo i bought and its working great, tons of power and runs cool both esc and motor unless i run 100% throttle all the time non stop then the motor gets warm and esc just a bit warm but not much more cooler. you'll like that combo there
    Thanks for the info, and pics of it mounted. I am waiting for a single motor plate to arrive in the mail. Hoping to have it up and running this weekend. I've had hobbywing products in the past and was very satisfied.

I am waiting for a single motor plate to arrive in the mail. Hoping to have it up and running this weekend. I've had hobbywing products in the past and was very satisfied.
    Theirs nothing like having the RC bug
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Theirs nothing like having the RC bug
    Yes! And my 5 year old son seems to think that this E Maxx is for him, lol! He has already claimed it, so..... I'm very tempted to buy a single SC8 esc to use with my Castle motor in the ERBE. This way, we can both drive trucks in the snow this winter

He drives his rustler VXL and he is only 5 years old, lol!!!

Yes! And my 5 year old son seems to think that this E Maxx is for him, lol! He has already claimed it, so..... I'm very tempted to buy a single SC8 esc to use with my Castle motor in the ERBE. This way, we can both drive trucks in the snow this winter

Nice one mate...my son is just over 2 now. He thinks my eRevo is his, to small to control it but every now and then I see he has pulled it out of the cupboard and trying to push it around the TV room shouting "truck, truck"

Your son is going to love that eMaxx...you might just have to get a spare ESC for your truck (LOL)
    Rock n Rolla !

Is the mounting hole the same width as the MMM esc mounting holes.

I was looking at my mates eMaxx chassis now and the holes you mounted the esc compared to the MMM esc hole location seem to be the same width.

If thats the case that will be a direct fit onto the eRevo chassis.
    yes i mounted the esc with the supplied plate it comes with to the same mounting holes as the MMM i just went back to the last hole it fits i believe in either of the holes, i mounted it that far back to see just how much room i would have incase i get a 4282 to run 4-9s lipo lol. i dont see a problem mounting this to the eRevo

the SC8 is able to run the MMM motor just fine my hobbywing motor is the same size and its a 2000kv you would just need to get the matching bullet connectors to solder up and connect your motor.

yes i mounted the esc with the supplied plate it comes with to the same mounting holes as the MMM i just went back to the last hole it fits i believe in either of the holes, i mounted it that far back to see just how much room i would have incase i get a 4282 to run 4-9s lipo lol. i dont see a problem mounting this to the eRevo
    You legend...thanks mate. I was worried I would have to do some mod. Awesome news
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    can everybody help me with the correct timings for the original emaxx brushless mamba engine? i cant find it.

I cant find the best timmings for the engine.

I can set : 0; 3.75; 7.5; 11,25; 15; 18.75; 22.5 and 26,25

thanks

ronny from germany

what esc are you using? if using stock MMM then not sure on that if sc8 stock factory setting was 15 on mine which by the way is a very good setting.

RC Champion
    If I'm correct, the stock timing is Zero on the Mamba monster.

RC Qualifier
    It's in!!!! I will run it tomorrow after I instal the servos.

I think I would prefer having this on a revo chassis. Looking for one soon

looks good there Revoroller now i know what i am going to use to hold those long motor wires

It's in!!!! I will run it tomorrow after I instal the servos.

I think I would prefer having this on a revo chassis. Looking for one soon

Be careful you don't break the rear shock tower on your first bashing session ...looking good there mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

or the front of the chassis, where the bulks attach.....

RC Racer
    Anyone already tried one in an E-Revo Brushless?

I'm done with the Mamba Monster Max ESC as it's just so vulnerable to water.
    I want an ESC that has no problems being submerged completely, much like I can do to my Slash 4x4 with VXL-3s.

Being limited to 4S is no problem at all, I just would like to know if it's up to the task being used in the big ERBE being connected to the Castle 2200 KV motor, as a reliable and waterproof 4S setup.
    Greetz, JEREMY.

the SC8 would not have a problem being connected to the ERBE and the Castle 22K motor just use the right size connectors on the esc for motor is all. my emaxx full weight with lipos is about 13lbs and i have the same combo as revoroller

RC Racer
    I know this is an old thread but how are those combos holding up?

RC Qualifier
    mine held up fine in my erevo until my dumb butt forgot i had set it up for speed runs and went out and was blasting it through dirt and grass at full speed for about 15 mins then it went up in smoke.but that was all my fault.i was very pleased with it until i did that