Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165

    Thumbs up Nitro Rustler 5 years and running STRONG!!!

    just wanted to share some pics of my 5 year old Nitro Rustler... And still running STRONG
    got sum HPI Racing -Truck Super Radials, & a T-Maxx Body with a side Air Scoop for directing air to filter

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28
    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-28

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    in a few days, gona show off my Vintage Nitro Hawk Restore Project, stay tuned...

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,602
    Nice. Mine turns 11 this Christmas.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Thx pbflash! Nice!!! 11 years gotta give it to Traxxas for reliability... I got a Nitro Hawk that just turned 20

    By quadboys35 at 2010-11-18

    By quadboys35 at 2010-11-18

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    Hows those HPI tires hold up for the street? Do they hook up or just spin excessively?

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Powerman - ohh man they hook up... ive tried a few diff types but very satisfied with them... u will luv them on the street, i run them on a ruff street, with parts of lose sandy dirt, perfect for burn outs and insane donuts...

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    I am thinking of turning my parts car into something on the lines of a Pro Stock dragster. I was thinking slicks on the rear and Bandit tires on the front. I am not looking for donuts, Just insane traction. I decieded to keep the 3.3 on it. And I just ordered another T-Bone wheelie bar. I am going to install the wheelie bar upside down. Have the tires almost touching asphault. I can set the engagement of the Buku to act like a stall converter. Have all 3 shoes engage at around 1/4 throttle.
    Just thinking about doing something different with this car. I have seen the HPI tires on the bay. But IDK if they will have the circumfrence I am looking for. Imex makes a mean set of slicks. I havent seen a rusty drag car yet.

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Powerman - theyre not slicks but they have great street traction, theyre almost like a good all-season radial... i was trying to tell u, for me theyre great, they lose grip when i want them too...

    some more pics...

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-30

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-30

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-30

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-30

    By quadboys35 at 2012-08-30
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:07 AM.

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    I have to give them a try. I mocked up to see what it would look like with bandit fronts. I didnt like the way it looked. So I will probably be going with the HPIs. For now I am going to burn up a set of caliburs. I took the T-Bone of another car and installed it on the rusty. Looks like it will keep the nose down. But I have yet to test it out. Just not enough hours in the day.

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    i hear yeah.. let me know how u like the hpi's! and post some pics up when u get a chance, so i can see your set-up...

    some more pics... [OFFROAD Set-Up]

    By quadboys35 at 2012-09-04

    By quadboys35 at 2012-09-04
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:07 AM.

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    a bump for my first thread its been a while since ive taken you out for a run maybe this weekend
    Burn it...

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    a bump for my first thread its been a while since ive taken you out for a run maybe this weekend
    HAHA, Its been a while since mine has seen daylight as well. I took this pic the last time I had it out. Its sad shes just collecting dust looking pretty on the shelf.


    One day I will take her out for a memory cruze again.

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    a bump for my first thread its been a while since ive taken you out for a run maybe this weekend
    Nice Rusty. I really like the side scoop. Wish I would've thought of that instead of just cutting the windshield out hahaha

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Powerman - sweet!!! she looks so clean like shes brand new i didnt get a chance this weekend but next weekend im taking her out for sure...

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    Nice Rusty. I really like the side scoop. Wish I would've thought of that instead of just cutting the windshield out hahaha
    lol thx man! let me tell you you can actually feel a little difference a little bit more snappy on the throttle u can still fix yours, close up the side window with clear scotch tape and then cut out the quarter panel window and install the scoop, post up a picture if u do scoop...
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    Burn it...

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    Powerman - sweet!!! she looks so clean like shes brand new i didnt get a chance this weekend but next weekend im taking her out for sure...
    LOL It should look clean and brand new. Once I added the N.Slash tank and the new .18tm I have only broke it in. One day I will get it dirty. Its just so much easier to throw a battery in and go than it is to tune, re-tune, tune some more....

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    LOL It should look clean and brand new. Once I added the N.Slash tank and the new .18tm I have only broke it in. One day I will get it dirty. Its just so much easier to throw a battery in and go than it is to tune, re-tune, tune some more....
    LOL i couldnt agree more...
    Burn it...

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    This is what took its place.

    Faster,cheaper, lighter and no tuning except for the suspension. I dont even have to carry tools in my pocket anymore.

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    This is what took its place.

    Faster,cheaper, lighter and no tuning except for the suspension. I dont even have to carry tools in my pocket anymore.
    Nice. What shocks are on it?

  19. #19
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    Nice. What shocks are on it?
    Gmade Piggybacks.

  20. #20
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    This is what took its place.
    Faster,cheaper, lighter and no tuning except for the suspension. I dont even have to carry tools in my pocket anymore.
    Beautiful setup!!!! LOL hahaha always with the tools in my pockets thats nitro bro... but i love both... me too lately all electric im addicted to my SRT i just purchased and my SledgeHammer
    Burn it...

  21. #21
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Is that a stampede body you have on your Rustler?

  22. #22
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    Is that a stampede body you have on your Rustler?
    actually its a second gen T-Maxx 2.5 Body... i usually use that body when i run her on the street..
    Burn it...

  23. #23
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    actually its a second gen T-Maxx 2.5 Body... i usually use that body when i run her on the street..
    I really like it. I'm going to try to find one now.lol Once I kill these anacondas, I'll be doing a "makeover" for my on-road setup with J-Concepts G-Locs and I'm undecided on the wheels. The body will serve for on-road only use too

  24. #24
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    I really like it. I'm going to try to find one now.lol Once I kill these anacondas, I'll be doing a "makeover" for my on-road setup with J-Concepts G-Locs and I'm undecided on the wheels. The body will serve for on-road only use too
    thank you!!! you should definitely do it, thats gona be a great setup cant wait to see how it comes out...

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    I really like it. I'm going to try to find one now.lol Once I kill these anacondas, I'll be doing a "makeover" for my on-road setup with J-Concepts G-Locs and I'm undecided on the wheels. The body will serve for on-road only use too
    This is what she looks like now, got her clean, ready & preped for this weekend hope i get some nice weather were i am




    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    Burn it...

  25. #25
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    This is what she looks like now, got her clean, ready & preped for this weekend hope i get some nice weather were i am
    My rustler hasn't been that clean in a long time hahaha I've gotten maybe to 95% clean but what's the point if I'm going to take it back out in the dirt again? if this weekend looks good, I'll take mine out too and finally see what this new engine can do.

    As a matter of fact, this is what it looked like the last time I really ran it
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:09 AM.

  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    My rustler hasn't been that clean in a long time hahaha I've gotten maybe to 95% clean but what's the point if I'm going to take it back out in the dirt again? if this weekend looks good, I'll take mine out too and finally see what this new engine can do.
    Lol i know but i just have to clean them they drive me nut when theyre dirty like that lol... it looks like ill be getting some nice weather this weekend cant wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    As a matter of fact, this is what it looked like the last time I really ran it
    dam shes dirty LOL it would drive me nuts to leave her on the self till the next run, in that condition lol
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: merge
    Burn it...

  27. #27
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    I would be embarrassed to show my car that dirty. First thing I do after running it is get the dirt off. My wife would kill me if I brought it looking like that in the house.

  28. #28
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    I would be embarrassed to show my car that dirty. First thing I do after running it is get the dirt off. My wife would kill me if I brought it looking like that in the house.
    So would I. Maybe I didn't wording right but I would never leave my car that dirty after a run. I only took that picture because of how dirty I managed to get it lol
    She sits like this right now


    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    Lol i know but i just have to clean them they drive me nut when theyre dirty like that lol... it looks like ill be getting some nice weather this weekend cant wait...
    You're lucky. It WAS looking nice for Saturday but now they're predicting rain. Bye-bye to first Losi run lol
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: merge

  29. #29
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    Thats more like it. I hate it when my friends bring me cars to work on and it takes me hours to clean them first. I just cant work on a dirty car.
    Break in the engine yet?

  30. #30
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    I would be embarrassed to show my car that dirty. First thing I do after running it is get the dirt off. My wife would kill me if I brought it looking like that in the house.
    LOL well said but also im a little OCD they need to be clean... lol

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    So would I. Maybe I didn't wording right but I would never leave my car that dirty after a run. I only took that picture because of how dirty I managed to get it lol
    She sits like this right now
    much much better bro... i like the Losi setup let us know how it runs

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    You're lucky. It WAS looking nice for Saturday but now they're predicting rain. Bye-bye to first Losi run lol
    lol.. run her sunday why not, if its a little wet out even better love the mud as long as its not raining good to go...
    Last edited by Double G; 04-12-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: merge
    Burn it...

  31. #31
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Thats more like it. I hate it when my friends bring me cars to work on and it takes me hours to clean them first. I just cant work on a dirty car.
    Break in the engine yet?
    I understand haha & Nope. Haven't had the time. Not too sure on how to even break it in since Losi doesn't have break-in instructions in the manual.

  32. #32
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by GmoneyGrip View Post
    much much better bro... i like the Losi setup let us know how it runs


    lol.. run her sunday why not, if its a little wet out even better love the mud as long as its not raining good to go...
    I'll be sure to update the forum. If I have an extra set of hands, I'll make a quick video.
    & I have her all prepped and ready to go! I'm hoping to take it out

  33. #33
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Delta, Pa.
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    I understand haha & Nope. Haven't had the time. Not too sure on how to even break it in since Losi doesn't have break-in instructions in the manual.
    To break it in I would do the same as traxxas recommends. Just take it easy a few tanks and you will be fine.

  34. #34
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    To break it in I would do the same as traxxas recommends. Just take it easy a few tanks and you will be fine.
    I agree shouldnt be much diff when breaking in...
    Burn it...

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEll View Post
    I'll be sure to update the forum. If I have an extra set of hands, I'll make a quick video.
    & I have her all prepped and ready to go! I'm hoping to take it out
    no doubt have fun and i look forward to the vid!!! i have a few vids myself if your interested check out my youtube channel... http://www.youtube.com/user/GmoneyGripNY
    Burn it...

  36. #36
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    165
    This is what my Rusty looks like now, i painted the stock body flat black and made it look like its riveted all the way around, i found a picture of Jconcepts Ford Raptor SVT adjusted the size with microsoft word, printed it and stuck it on with crystal clear tape lol... i just couldnt stand the stock body anymore...



    Burn it...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •