RC Enthusiast

New slayer enthusiast

As this is my first post on traxxas forums I'd like to say hi to all at the same time *wave hand* As I'm an international customer I recently was able to order a new slayer pro from towerhobbies with a $100 discount. I've had my eyes on one for a long time, but finally getting one in mail sometimes this week

My first nitro was a Savage X SS and sold it to afford a HPI Baja 5SC SS kit. At that point I was also a bit tired of the moody nitro engines, but I got a weakness for SC trucks and the Slayer Pro just speaks to me in all the right ways. I've studied it carefully and I really like everything about it. And coming from 1:5 scale lately, a truck this size is actually a relief to work on hehe and CHEAPER... oh SO much cheaper. I'm almost afraid of bashing the baja.

I'm thinking of buying SC8 wheels soon as I think those are really cool, and the traxxas raptor body which I know I'll have to trim a little to make it fit, but want to try.

I'm wondering though...

If possible I'd also like to race this truck on a nearby track. In my area there are mostly 1:8 buggy people running xrays and mugens and such, and they're calling anything with an HPI or Traxxas mark on it a toy in comparison. But SC's are very different from buggys in general and I'm wondering if it be made raceworthy in its class, or if it already is as stock?

RC Racer
    Welcome to the forum!! Its a well built truck and takes bashings like a champ. Where ya from anyways?

Welcome to the fourms! *Waves back* And congrats on buying on the best Nitro trucks out there! If you want to make the Slayer even better I would get sway bars, they help not flip the truck. I wish you luck with your Slayer!
    Is owning 25 RC's too many?... Nope!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly630 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!! Its a well built truck and takes bashings like a champ. Where ya from anyways?
    Thank you
    I'm from Norway, updated my location, thought it was already set.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Welcome to the fourms! *Waves back* And congrats on buying on the best Nitro trucks out there! If you want to make the Slayer even better I would get sway bars, they help not flip the truck. I wish you luck with your Slayer!
    Thanks.
    I'll definitely get some sway bars if it doesn't come with

RC Enthusiast
    Came in the mail today, definitely approved by my 2 yrold son

Nice! It looks like you might have to buy a rc car for your son soon....
    Is owning 25 RC's too many?... Nope!