RC Enthusiast

Question Should I get a slayer?

I want to get a nitro rc car but dont know what kind of nitro rc car to get. Any Suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    What kind of fun are you wanting to have with it?

RC Enthusiast
    I want something to bash with and just to drive on the asphalt with

RC Qualifier
    The Slayer is a good choice, it's a demon off road. I can run the most consistent laps at the track, very controllable compared to my other trucks. I get my Slayer out when I want to be serious. And if you lower the ride height, add stiffer springs and some good street tires. She can tear it up on road as well. But after so many years with these things, I get a bit bored with 4-wheel drive. I find them too easy. I enjoy the excitement of trying to control an overpowered 2-wheel drive. I have everything that comes with a 3.3 but a 4-Tec and I always drive my Jato. Nothing else even comes close. The Jato is crazy fast and powerful. It keeps my adrenaline pumping the whole time I'm driving it. And is just as capable at the track as anything else and smoke them all on the street.

RC Racer
    My friend has a slayer pro, and my revo runs laps around him in loose dirt and sand. On a track he would out corner me though. I the snow his truck barely moves. It just constantly high centers. In sand it's eh. If it were me and I've driven both I'd pick the revo to bash. He recently put some high offset wheels on his, and dirt tires.. Trenches i think and it looks like a skinny revo... Runs better in the sand but still not keeping up with me. So that's something to consider. It depends on where you are going to use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Racer
    I drive my slayer mostly on the street and ball feilds i have a blast if your mostly gonna drive on the street change your tires or else their gonna be street slicks real fsat i love my slayer its the only truck that hasn't broken suspension peices yet and i bash it hard! Real great truck get the sway bar kit if your gonna be on street mostly.
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Champion
    I'd get the Revo personally, but if you like the sc look, you can hack up a slayer body to fit.

My slayer was on its roof most of the time when on the street, but on the dirt it was planted.

I had 5 nitro Revos, these 3 at the same time, before switching to electric.

I had no idea that battery and motor tech changed so drastically since I left the hobby in 1990 and got back into it in october last year. November I started reading about lipos and brushless and by December I built an erevo and in January I started getting rid of nitro. We accumulated 20 nitro cars in 2 months and now we have 19 electrics.
    The last 2 nitro Revos left 2 weeks ago to new owners.

Pic of the cars during the changeover,
    Last edited by Zepher; 06-03-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    How Much is the slayer? And how much is the revo?

RC Racer
    I always tell people to get them used. I got mine for 175. Got 4 or 5 gallons on the motor and threw in the dynamite .19. Picked up some hpi street wheels and some other odd things and i'm well under 300. Way cheaper than new. These trucks, you have to get used to breaking things and wearing things out.. Learn to fix it yourself and you can save a ton of money and have a better truck too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta