Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

Now that's a cool pede!!

When I got my pede and started looking for upgrades, like most, I jumped on the forum and started reading. Before long, I probably viewed every members truck in this place. A few very cool pedes cought my attention and got me headed in the direction of my first build. I wanted a hardcore pede that could bash like the beasts I watched on youtube and other places. It needed to rock! It had to have looks also. I wanted a one of a kind pede like no other on the forum. And most of all it had to have personality. After about 4 months of this and that, brakes and bends, I found the combo of parts that worked for me. The final piece to finish or crown this thing off was the body. Well, after some weeks of searching, I found it. The H-Bomb was born!

Their was some key things I would like to mention that led me to this build, and that's other trucks here in the forum. They were nothing less than inspiring to me and I would love to say thanks and point them out to the rest of you guys.
    These trucks are special. They are tough looking and they made me say to myself, "now that's a cool pede"!
    Thanks to you Pave, you helped inspire my build with this truck!

Thanks to jordanboucher. You've got one tough looking truck that helped my direction and build too!

I would love for everyone to post pix of the truck that made you say, " now that's a cool pede".
    I've spoken with a mod and was told that it was alright to post pics of these trucks so, find the one that makes you drool. And share with the others what you love about it or how it inspires you.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    How do you have the Rusty body on the Pede chassis? BTW those are some awesome looking Pedes.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    How do you have the Rusty body on the Pede chassis? BTW those are some awesome looking Pedes.
    They use the same towers. Maybe Pave can link you to his thread from last summer when he started using it. Or try a search for rusty body on a pede? I do remember seeing his and it was detailed. Click on his user name, then, threads started by, then go about a trillion pages back.....lol you cold check the archives at the bottum right corner of this page. Oooow, new stuff to look at...lol most don't even notice it there.

RC Qualifier
    badass looking! all of em!

RC Qualifier
    Here are some of the looks people have said were "cool"

Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im going to try and look around a bit. There were a couple that caught my eye... one was a full chrome FLM pede with no one stock part. I dont usually save the pics unfortunately. But that one was impressive.

The other one that caught my eye was KSB's pede... he had a pic of it catching HUGE air then it was bent in half. I guess... to keep this thread going I should start in the pic section and save the ones I remember being important when I first started.

RC Enthusiast
    those are sweet!!!! been wondering about putting the GTO body on a Rustler. anyone have any ideas? thanks

If you did the strc rusty conversation it may fit but probably not. The gto is like 19.5" long I think. Some of the guys at the track r running that strc bit as a lcg slash in the open class. Slash body drops right on them.

Mdlopez1: I know how much you love your truck and I think its pretty darn cool 2 but, try to find one or a couple that have influenced you. The first rollcage you seen and so on... what ever made you go wow.
    post # 666
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-09-2011 at 09:58 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    thedreadedend wat is the first pic of?

Quote Originally Posted by gutrdun View Post
    thedreadedend wat is the first pic of?
    That first pic is my H-Bomb. It's a Stampede with 1/8 REM chassis, towers, gear case, bulkhead, chassis braces, TRX blocks, caster, links, big bore shocks and VXL, Proline Protrac, badlands tires, torque wheels and a HPI Hemi-Cuda body, and RPM Slash bumper.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-09-2011 at 10:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Impspired me? To build this monster.

I think it was the .15 engine giving up. It is more like a pede than a sport now. But I do call it an E-Sport though. Give me a couple more days and hopefully I will have my best video up yet. Oh and notice it has bellcranck steering. The sport never had a bellcrank. Just one the problems I had to figure out.
    Last edited by nunster; 02-10-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Heres a few that caught my eye back in the beginning:
    This one was the truck that got me interested in mounting an ST truck body on my pede:

It was this truck that got me interested in doing speed runs in the beginning and that led to my S-Pede truck that went 71.4mph:

This truck was one that just caught my eye as being very clean and professional looking. Its just a sexy truck, what more can I say:

These next 2 were simply trucks that I remember looking at and saying... WOW... those are sweet. They didnt make me want to build full FLM or aluminum trucks, but they did show me just how far you can go when customizing:

There have been others, but I didnt ever save the pics. When I went through the new pede pics gallery these ones were still up there so I saved the pics. When I first started I got so much help from so many members it was amazing. Thats what really made me want to stick around. So thanks to all those who got me moving in the right direction.

Great idea for a thread Dreaded...

Great posts guys. Pave, awsome, that's exactly what I was hoping for. The trucks that made you say wow. What we end up with as our own in the end will always be the best for each of us, or at least I hope you created what you were going for. I want this thread to show yours if you choose but more importantly, the trucks that got you there.
    Keep them coming guys, because we owe them a thank you for the inspiration!

RC Qualifier
    Bump for an awesome thread! All these trucks are inspiring! Makes me wanna build a pede!
    1 extended pede
    1 stock length pede
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Sorry mis read post.. I will try to find some of the ones that I thougt were so unique they were cool for me....

I found this one... But there was a golf cart one I liked.... I will try to find

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/DSCF8321.jpg

Edit-Found cart

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t/DSCN1344.jpg
    Last edited by mdlopez1; 02-10-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Found cart
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Enthusiast
    Some sweet trucks. I don't think I could bash with the HPI body but I may have to pick it up for mine.

RC Competitor
    Ok questions.

Thedreadedend what Body is that? thats sweet
    Nunster What bumper is that?
    Mdlopez That cart was freaking awsome. Kudos to whoever came up with that beast.

I desperately need a new bumper and that looks to cover

Body is a HPI Hemi-Cuda. Bumper is a Traxxas Slash stock front bumper. I highly recommend the RPM Slash front bumper. Almost the same but will take more punishment.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    only problem with pede style I have found is that it makes me want a LCG 4x4 now. Not a slash or 4x4 pede. E-Revo is the closes to what I want. But what I really want but would end costing the same as a pede on the end is making my monster into a 4x4. Dual trannies and dual vxl's and make a custom aluminum chassy. I know I seen a youtube a crawler set up with two trans. But by the time I get another alum. trans and velineon set up going. Easy 300 already gone. My vid is going to take longer than I thought to get together and posted. But I have been abusing it. Oh that is whay I got online in the first place. To get the $16 or so dollar lunsford hinge pinns set. After running through sand I need to tear it down and I am positive I am going to find bent pinns. So I guess it's the 4x4 crawler or basically a dual trany pede was or is my imsperation. Maybe a year or two when I have a spare trans and velineon system for back up, I might complete this build.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Qualifier
    That golf cart pede is so cool! Dreaded, your Hemi Cuda bod's paint is just sick!
    1 extended pede
    1 stock length pede
    Summit

Thanks for the compliments on the body guys. The guy who painted it did an awsome job. He does incredible work and its nothing less than show quality. He has an online shop with lots of cool paint jobs. Here's a link to the man with the SICKNESS!
    http://www.adrcracing.com/

Nunster, on his home page their is a link just for you. It says 44 pede on the right side. Its not bodies for the new p4de but its a custom he did a long time back. You'll find a bit of inspiration from it for sure! Its a beauty for sure.

RC Racer
    Dread, I totally agree with you AND your pede is way sick! also the ones u posted. I disagree "personally" with MDLOPEZ post, I dont like those IMO> but VERY much also with pavement surfer. Those are all sick trucks, I love the Purple chevy. That guy is from sweeden and is truck is way sick. I also very much love this guys Truck.

two other sick pedes

Last edited by AbSoLooT; 02-14-2011 at 02:42 AM.

RC Racer
    The very top one, and These two were my big inspirations of where I wanted to go with my truck.

my truck... see the resemblance. I "almost" went the same route as the guy on top, I love the bling, and dont bash hard, but... the performance with the protrac is hard to resist. Its more performance and not "just" making it wider, so had to go Proline, but Its all about being done in good taste, and whats unique to the person. Inspiratioin is great to give you an idea where u wanna go! great thread D

Also real nice...and partial motivation. I will prob end up with a f350 body. Love the detroit truck look too. Speed also has a way sick truck.

RC poster
    Can someone tell me what tire and rims are on pictures two and three? And if they are a direct fit for a stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT View Post
    The very top one, and These two were my big inspirations of where I wanted to go with my truck.

my truck... see the resemblance. I "almost" went the same route as the guy on top, I love the bling, and dont bash hard, but... the performance with the protrac is hard to resist. Its more performance and not "just" making it wider, so had to go Proline, but Its all about being done in good taste, and whats unique to the person. Inspiratioin is great to give you an idea where u wanna go! great thread D

Also real nice...and partial motivation. I will prob end up with a f350 body. Love the detroit truck look too. Speed also has a way sick truck.

Cop5152, the tires are Proline masher 2000's and the wheels are RPM revolvers 2.2.

RC poster
    Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Cop5152, the tires are Proline masher 2000's and the wheels are RPM revolvers 2.2.

RC Racer
    The top 3 are all using revolvers. and all 5 have mashers. I now have front revolvers on both the front and back. (im pic 3) Really like the masher tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Nevermind figured it out, great looking trucks!

actually, what tires are on the red truck a few posts up?
    Last edited by Flanders111; 02-20-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Still waiting for my old account, flanders125

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post

Proline Flat iron 2.2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanders111 View Post

Thanks Bro. The orange ones my favorite that guys apartment in the back ground is really sweet too! lol I must have, I mean he must have decoraded and painted it himself. lol

Well we have lots of new members and lots of members upgrading after finding what works and didn't work for them so, I thought it would be a good idea to bring this thread back to the top. If you want to add to it and say your build was inspired by another, go for it! Its nice to see where yours comes from. If yours is a one off that was truly your own idea, then post it up. We welcome all the cool builds you've come up with. You may inspire another member to get on it.

RC Champion
    Well we have lots of new members and lots of members upgrading after finding what works and didn't work for them so, I thought it would be a good idea to bring this thread back to the top. If you want to add to it and say your build was inspired by another, go for it! Its nice to see where yours comes from. If yours is a one off that was truly your own idea, then post it up. We welcome all the cool builds you've come up with. You may inspire another member to get on it.
    I Will add to this. This forum is a GREAT place get good info if you have any questions.Everybody seems to like to help for the most part.
    Last edited by snowfighter; 03-27-2011 at 10:24 AM.

RC Champion
    I will add. I would have Absoloot, Pave, and dreaded to thank. The advice on the Protrac kit was awesome. I went the extra step and added the Proline Slash rear skid also (love it). I'm not sure how many have done the Slash 4x4 rear shafts, but it is well worth it. I want to get a new body at some point. Thanks again guys. Here is my Pede.

Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Champion
    Yep Thanks to Pave,Dread,asheck and DCsally97,Champy and a few others that have been a GREAT HELP!!! I even have talked with DREAD on the phone asking for help and advice.With that said.There is lots of help here all you have to do ask.Somebody will point you in the right direction.

Baldy, I can't stop thinking about your tires/rims, think im going to get some 3.2's and give it a shot. I cut regular beads of 2.2 tires for 2.8's all the time so, this should be a piece of cake too. Thanks for all the shared info Baldy... that's one cool looking pede!
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 10-01-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I would have to say i took inspiration from a number of yalls trucks. In one way or another it has helped my Digger become what it is. I'd have to say, "Dennis Anderson & his GraveDigger" got me back into RC. I went to see the Monster Jam earlier this year (as i have gone every year since 2000, at least 2-3 times in January/ February), and saw the advertisement for GraveDigger, i was like i have to have one of those. LOL So hear i am today, enjoying every aspect of the Stampede. Which i can sadly say my collection has grown to a total of 5 (Digger Pede, 50's Chevy P2de, EMBE, Slash 2x4, P4de). haha I would post pics but there are way to many, because there is a piece of everyones ideas built into mine.

Last edited by DiggerPede; 10-02-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Baldy's pede inspired me to get the F-250 Body and trenchers! His pede just looks amazing!

RC Qualifier
    I got my idea from you dread!

Can't find the picture of the chevy truck that gave me the idea of a 2" extension and chevy body, but here's mine

Baldy, I can't stop thinking about your tires/rims, think im going to get some 3.2's and give it a shot. I cut regular beads of 2.2 tires for 2.8's all the time so, this should be a piece of cake too. Thanks for all the shared info Baldy... that's one cool looking pede!
    Lol I forgot that I wrote this post ... well here it is and thanks a million Baldy, your mod got this one to the next level!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah! Baldy's truck is str8 sick dude!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I was just eat'n sum pede and drink-n a slash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast