Thread: evx2 problem

RC Enthusiast

Question evx2 problem

Hi guys, hoping someone can help.

I alternate between lipo and the stock nimh batteries, normally I run the lipo (with LVD activated) until the speed drops to 50% when the low voltage cuts in, then I swap to the nimh to get me back to the car. When I put the nimh in I have to disable the LVD and I can do that no problem. The evx has the solid red led with the nimh batteries. The problem started today when the led started flashing after about 2-3 minutes with the nimh batteries. The motor starts running intermitent then just stops.

At first I thought my motor was on it's way out but I got home, recharged the lipo batteries and popped them in, LVD activated, solid green led, and it runs fine. Put the nimh back in (deactivate LVD, solid red led) and the same problem appears.

Any suggestions? Could my nimh batteries be done for?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no your ESC is saying stop feeding me nihm batts lol. i think you should contact traxxas support. eventually someone here will chime in and be able to solve this problem that they have been thru.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Enthusiast
    I think you just answered your own question, if ya not sure grab ya multi meter and see what volts ya nimh is pushing
    Last edited by nitroroosta; 08-26-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: more input
    IF IT AINT BROKE
    YOU AINT BASHIN

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroroosta View Post
    I think you just answered your own question, if ya not sure grab ya multi meter and see what volts ya nimh is pushing
    going to try and cycle the nimh and see what happens. Willl check the voltage tomorrow.

RC Enthusiast
    Voltage for the nimh battery jus cycles 9.64V, the other sitting at 9.24V