Thread: My 3 mervs

RC Qualifier

My 3 mervs

So I had a merv a while ago and got rid of it , ever since I wanted another, i got a mini summit, a mini slash, and finally I got a great deal... On 3 mervs! Yes they all needed serious help but today, I got them all done for the most part at least . All dyed chassis and rockers, all. New metal hallow balls and new bearings shimmed diffs, new ring and pinion gears one has new chassis, new front and rear bulkheads , traxxas metal toe links and rods, hr knuckles , traxxas Cvds , hr springs on metal gtr shafts,rpm arms and knuckels, new Titus rims with dirt hawgs, integy fans , wheelie bars, lol I spent more in aftermarkets then I did on the mervs, could probably. Bought new ones but I like wrenching on them more then driving them.. Almost!
    I tore them completely apart and fixed and tweaked just about all I could. The only thin not replaced is front and rear skid plates and most of the electronics was salvaged beside one ecu, one servo , and one radio. I am gong to keep one, give one to my son and sell the other.

they look sharp with the dyed chassis's compared to stock grey. nice job and good space to have your rc's there. mine is cramped right now but not for long.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks good. Watch those fans on top of the motor wont take too many hard landings on the roof

RC Qualifier
    Lol not really that was for display use only! I worked in the patio on the floor with a lamp stringed out side. Back home I had a whole corner of my garage as a work station!

RC Qualifier
    Oh and thanks for the complements! I have a roll cage for mine , my sons will be in training mode so hopefully he shouldn't be flying to high! The other one one I don't plan on driving , which I shouldn't got it in the first place ! These are staying stock , my mini summit has a big block and it's to ridiculous !

RC Qualifier
    Got some goodies in the mail!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow! That will keep you running for a while!

wow yes WOW, tons of runtime with 4 2500's your looking at 3+hrs with just those in parallel x2 each.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    did they bring back the 2500mah, i thought they only have the 2200mah now? i see your keeping it 1/16 family (nothing against it, i own one) ever thinking about the big brother ERBE? just a thought.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    Just picked one up, I'm just hoarder, I have 3 1/16th erevos, 1/16th slash, 1/16 summit, slash 4x4 , slash 4x4 mt, rustler, stampede, just got rid of my grave digger vxl, helicopter, a axial exo terra buggy and of course my newly aquired erevo brushless. Once I get that one the the way I want it I'll post pics

RC poster
    Where are you selling the merv?

RC Qualifier
    I might sell one , the built up one I'm keeping , the other one with blue Rpm arms my son is keeping and the third is in question , my daughter may Get it but she is no longer showing interest, when I get back home in a few weeks I'm list a few trucks up, the mini summit will be one , though it was a big block conversion on it. I'm convert the slash into a rally , I basically have everything to do it but the body, all my parts are back home.

RC Qualifier
    You know I thought I went a little over board in building and upgrading three at the same time... This made it all worth it!!

We ran two for the first time on the track , I had his with only one battery at a time and on training mode, still a little peppy but worked well , and of course I ran mine with all the goodies.... And I'm the one with issues! Lol first off Cvds popped out the first jump then they popped on my about 5-6 In the time we we were at the track, any one have suggestions to fix that ? What is the ring mod i hear about? It was all ok he rear, I didn't have it jacked up it was about medium adjustment . Next was the dirt hawgs, I new they were heavy when I got them and it does well on asphalt but I think they are horrible on the track, I wasn't racing just bashing around and I wasn't pleased. But I can't judge yet it was a track I haven't bashed around in grass or normal environments. But I think the added weight of the tire, the no traction track , was killin my battery time, it could be that it maybe my speed control was getting to hot, I don't have a temp gun here, so that will be on my list to get next. Though my son was getting great time. I ran the 3s and my slipper was so loose for that just wasted power, I took it easy and I was getting horrible battery time with that too. I think I was getting hot the more I think of it. I have to see what pinion is in there, any one have a usages took on what size I should go with especially with me using the titus with dirt hawgs? Sorry for the long post! Lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thumperc25 View Post
    Got some goodies in the mail!

where did u get these and for how much?...size?

btw...love ur pics...glad ur out having fun with the rugrats...rugrats these days need more time out in the field instead of behind an lcd screen playing mario cart...

RC Racer
    check out spcracing.com they are good people with great prices.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Go with lighter rims the bead locks are too heavy. And that track surface looked kind of tough maybe the flywheels effect of the heavy rims didn't help but there are better tires for the track

on the cvds try turning the pillow balls in top.and the bottom say one turn each will put the cvds into the cup more

Here is Jimmie's thread on shimming the diff http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-your-bulkhead
    Last edited by 50togo; 08-31-2012 at 10:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Yup already shimmed the diffs, I have new bulk heads in mine an they are the newer style and I didn't need shims at the time. The tire did good on the street, i eill try the stock tires and see , i really font plan on running on the track with it but thiigt it would be a good place to trial run them. I am going to try that with the push rods , will see how that works, thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did check the diff when the ring and pinion were new or used? They seem to break in and loosen up a bit. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-amp-pinion-in

RC Qualifier
    Haven't checked them yet on mine as I only ran it twice. But the ring and pinion are new, I didn't really need to change them but I figured why not, and the are new

RC Qualifier
    I will keep a close eye on it though thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would put it through some fun then pull it apart and shim it