I got the idea from THIS THREAD. As soon as I saw what he was proposing, I bought the body. There are a few challenges to get it to fit, since it is not meant to be full-body nor for the Rally. I made a custom front body mount, but got lazy and didn't want to make a rear mount nor have the mounting post come through the recess in the trunk, so I opted to mount the body a bit more forward than originally desired. I also got really lazy with the paint job after just having airbrushed a Slash bug body, so I just painted it black with silver window trim to get it over with. To my surprise, I loved it. Sometime less is more. I haven't cut the front and back windows for ventilation yet. The windshield is silver trimmed, but you can't tell due to the glare.
Parma dune buggy body
eRacing Pro turnbuckles and push rods (aluminum, so beware of breakage)
Traxxas center diff
Traxxas wheel spacers for a mm or so of offset
Traxxas black springs
Traxxas tan springs
Associated buggy wing
HPI D-comp X-pattern tires on split 6 wheels, 0 mm offset
25mm 5v fan from an electronics store
custom front mount
Diffs: 75k fr, 75k c, 30k r....I think
Shocks: 30k fr, 20k r
drilled new holes in front rockers
There will be some from of rear bumper
I haven't driven it yet, so I don't exactly know how it will handle compared to my other Rally
Last edited by metoo2; 08-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.
That is amazing!! Unreal how well that Parma shell fits on there.
You will have to post some info on what exactly you did to the front end to make that work.
Is that the Parma Slash Dune Buggy body? #1236
Last edited by Cameron; 08-16-2012 at 12:04 AM.
(RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²
MADNESS! The little motor sticker under the wing
The prototype project.
The big problem is that the stock mount run into the head lights and the rear run into the area where the engine sticker is on my body. I cut the posts off the front body mounts. I then bent a thin piece of aluminum on each end, drilled the ends, and screws them to the body mounts with 2 screws and 2 nuts each. The new chrome body posts are actually 1/10 Slash battery tray post that I spaced up and screwed to the aluminum. The I used some scrap foam from the center diff packaging to lay across the aluminum. The way KeltiKrewser did it is better. I knew he did a custom mount, but I didn't look back at it when I decided to do mine. I didn’t do anything to the rear. I had idea, but I got lazy and burnt out as I’ve been working on several RC projects.
Its better than a real engine. We all know that vinyl makes horsepower.Originally Posted by prototyp
For those that didn't notice, it's the engine sticker than comes with the Rally.
Last edited by metoo2; 08-16-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!
That looks awesome!!!!
1/16 Slash VXL
Turned out pretty nice! Really wish I would have had more patients when I was trimming mine. I guess I'll just have to come up with some trick side pods for it. Dig the wing too