RC Competitor

Ripping out lower shock screws

Been having trouble with the lower screws pulling out of the a arm when they take a hit, forcing me to move over to a new hole. Still have stock arms on the front. Will rpm arms hold that much better, or is there any kind of mod to help this? I tried stampede shock guards but ended up ripping one of those off too... Ideas to make the front end a little more solid?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    Didn't have this problem with my stock arms. Are you sure you're not over tightening the screws? 'Cuz if you are, you'll really have a Problem with RPM arms. Snug is tight enough.
    Slash 4X4 SSC , T-MAXX, Revo and Bandit
    TQi, iPod

RC Competitor
    I have rpm rears with no issues, but the fronts take more abuse obviously. I will be sure to make sure I'm not tightening too much and pulling the threads. Still don't like how the screws are just out there to take a beating tho. Might need to come up with a mod of my own to protect that area.

Can you drill all the way through the arm and use a longer screw with a locknut? I did that on my Sl2sh.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Can you drill all the way through the arm and use a longer screw with a locknut? I did that on my Sl2sh.
    Thought the same, didn't want to weaken the arm since its kinda thin there anyway. Still might be the best solution tho.

OG is right...you gotta drill them. i did the same thing to my arms and it worked out great. they won't weaken... and i jump the crap out of my slash..big jumps. no worries there.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    longer screw with a nut will solve the issue, no need to drill a hole just screw it it until it pops out on the back of the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    longer screw with a nut will solve the issue, no need to drill a hole just screw it it until it pops out on the back of the arm.
    Ok muscles... lol

That would work too I guess.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...