RC Competitor

Aftermarket bulks and diffs

Does anybody make aftermarket diffs and bulkheads for the merv. I would prefer to stay away from the aluminum ones but if that's all that's available what's the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are no aftermarket diffs.

The aluminum bulks are the only aftermarket available; there are quite a few threads on "which is best". Dig down a few pages and I am sure you can find at least one.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I don't think you will have any issues with the aluminum bulkheads, shim your diffs and they should hold up better.
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    from what i have read the hot racing is the best because it actually locks together like the stock while i guess the others dont?! im not sure. i still have stock but have been looking into it as well. and jimmie is right search a little and you will find the answer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run gpm mainly because the toyz deal 109 for front,back and trans case but no problems without the bolt. I am running a neu motor and big tires and once shimmed properly I haven't had any problems at all

RC Qualifier
    shimmed the stock one then never had an issue
    Powered by Castle

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info. I have shimmed mine with the stock bulk heads and they have done fine for a while but finely gave in to the big block and canyon tires. May just re shim with new pinions and see how long they hold up again before dropping the $ on the aluminum bulks.

Be sure to shim once again after a few packs. Sometimes they need it after a break in period, sometimes they don't; 50 figured this out.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I was fed up with the standard bulkheads and diffs going all the time. Since I fitted the hr rear bulkhead and shimmed I have had no issues, just need the front one now !
    I highly recommend the hr alloy bulkhead it's fully closed so no dirt or in my case sand gets in and chews the diffs up.
    I run a mmp with 5700 motor

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks Jimmie!

No doubt hr bulkheads work! Did you shim your used ring and pinion or was it new?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by multidookey View Post
    from what i have read the hot racing is the best because it actually locks together like the stock while i guess the others dont?! im not sure
    actually the HR lock together on the front and the back of the bulkhead, even further improving over the updated traxxas stock

the integy and gpm don't lock together at all. they are like the original (not updated), stock traxxas bulkheads
    the

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    From what I see aluminum bulkheads don't need that bolt. Haven't had a single problem with my gpm bulkheads

RC poster
    I have aftermarket diffs ,
    I machined some out of allu
    Works great !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Like to see a pic of that! How long did it take?