RC Competitor

Crazy radio issue

Up graded my 10 yr old SportMaxx rx to 2.4 "2218X bc that's the only rx that will work with my Jato3.3 transmitter". So, installed it, bound it, tried it before I ran the truck and everything was good. I started the motor, everything worked fine for about 3 mins then the light on the rx starts flashing red and it starts acting like the batteries r low "brand new batteries by the way". As soon as I snuff the motor servos start acting normal again. I thought maybe a bad servo so tryd again and wen light on rx turned red and started glitching again I unplugged the servos one at a time to try and find the bad one, didn't work but as soon as u kill the motor servos go back to normal, any ideas?

RC Competitor
    Guess I'll just start replacing electrical components

RC Qualifier
    Since the electrical system isn't connected to the engine, it might be vibrations from the engine. It's possible you got a bad receiver.

RC Competitor
    I'm hoping it's one of the cheaper components! Like battery holder, prob not thou. I think I've eliminated the servos as a problem so I think it's either the battery holder, on/off switch, rx, or any of the wires connecting.
    Last edited by RyanW; 03-31-2015 at 08:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Patience is a virtue, Grasshopper.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for reply bud