Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Exclamation Grass park speed bash session on 2/2s

You can find my video post for this thread here:

This is an old video before I rebuilt my truck...post #78 Skate park bash...and these are the videos I made to show what I put my upgrades and LST2 diff thru...post#146 LST2 Diff test 1; post #168 LST2 Diff Test 3 & post #185 LST2 Diff Test 4.

The video below was filmed sometime back (5 or 6 weeks ago)...I had got myself a new set batteries for my Summit; 2/2s and thought I would give them a try in my eRevo. This is one of the few times I have run 2/2s in my truck as I normally run 2/3s.

This is a little park at the start of the forest area where I live; its about a 5 minute walk from the house...Most of the time I like to bash my truck more like this and normally head out after work with my son to burn a set of batteries.

Generally I like to full throttle my truck from start to finish with not much resting in between; just going out and having a blast.

I have my truck temperatures under control and know what gearing works best for me and when to use it .

Last edited by craig.mitch316; 11-10-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    that is just so wrong...u made that little boy chase ur car all over the place...ha ha...

now that is how i run my truck...nice and safe...no big air...just chasing chickens all over the yard...(and was still able to break a diff)...

RC Competitor
    You can deffo tell that is AU, gum leaves all over the ground haha! Mad powerslide at 1:46 and that was almost loss of toenail at 1:58 haha!

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    that is just so wrong...u made that little boy chase ur car all over the place...ha ha...

now that is how i run my truck...nice and safe...no big air...just chasing chickens all over the yard...(and was still able to break a diff)...
    Yeah mate...that's my son; he goes crazy when he sees the trucks come out . I bash my truck probably 65% of the time like this and the rest doing crazy jumps .

Quote Originally Posted by Deisel View Post
    You can deffo tell that is AU, gum leaves all over the ground haha! Mad powerslide at 1:46 and that was almost loss of toenail at 1:58 haha!
    Thanks Diesel...I have had some gnarly bails of the truck slamming into me while bashing around on the dirt; its all good fun tho .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Hi, Great thread by the way, very informative.
    My question is I saw that you were using the maximizer wheels with 3.8" tires. Are your wheels 3.2"? If so how did you mount the 3.8" wheels, was it hard? can I use any 3.8" tire? If your wheels are 3.8" where did you get them?

RC poster
    Hello, great thread by the way, very informative. My questions are for your maximizer wheels. I see that you have 3.8" tires on the maximizer wheel. Is your wheel a 3.2" or a 3.8" wheel? If it is a 3.2" how did you get a 3.8" tire on it? If it is a 3.8" wheel, where did you get it. I have the 3.2" and can't find a 3.8" wheel. And 3.2" tires are scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxsville View Post
    Hi, Great thread by the way, very informative.
    My question is I saw that you were using the maximizer wheels with 3.8" tires. Are your wheels 3.2"? If so how did you mount the 3.8" wheels, was it hard? can I use any 3.8" tire? If your wheels are 3.8" where did you get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxsville View Post
    Hello, great thread by the way, very informative. My questions are for your maximizer wheels. I see that you have 3.8" tires on the maximizer wheel. Is your wheel a 3.2" or a 3.8" wheel? If it is a 3.2" how did you get a 3.8" tire on it? If it is a 3.8" wheel, where did you get it. I have the 3.2" and can't find a 3.8" wheel. And 3.2" tires are scarce.
    Thanks mate...These are the Maximizers #1736 I am using...They are 3.2" meaning the outer diameter of the rim is 3.2" or 81mm which is almost the same as the internal diameter of a 3.8" tyre.

I have HPI Dirt Claws and HPI GT2's on Maximizer rims. I think you will find that quite a few 3.8's will fit these rims...just check the tyres specs and compare them to the Maximizer rims...Internal diameter and width. I hope that helps you out.
    Rock n Rolla !

I finally had a chance last night to mount my Badlland tyres on the black Desperado rims I got for my tuck...I taped them twice round with a 1/4" overlap. You can read post #91 for the method I use for gorilla taping tyres and post #97 for wheel balancing.

Here are some pics of my truck with the Badlands and Desperado rims.

As you can see the Desperado rims have a 1/2" offset...I personally prefer rims with an offset in them.

I took my truck out for a burn today, I ran 2 sets of 2/3s...what can I say; this tyre and rim combo is awesome, I wish I had got these sooner.

I have not yet balanced these wheels but will do so during the course of the week .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Have to agree with you those wheels with half inch offset really fit the look of the revo. Just got 2 sets of those wheels myself, one for pro line trenches and one for proline road rage.

Taking it out on the road tyres tomorrow.

This is a re-make of all my LST2 diff test videos in my thread...I took out my favourite bits and made into 1 video...Enjoy guys .

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier