Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    I have run into a few issues in the past with incorrect slipper clutch setting. I've had it when it's been too loose and melted my spur gear...and also not paying attention to worn pads has has also resulted in a melted spur gear.

The way I like to set my slipper clutch now...and I use this for all surface I run on is I tighten my slipper all the way, basically where it feels tight, but not too tight. I then set the tool in the vertical position as my setting out point.

I then back off just over a 1/4 turn or where the tool touches the chassis. I use my hex screw driver to lock the transmission while tightening or loosening.

This is an ideal setting for me

How long should a slipper clutch last? With the way you have it set?
    hey, you need a real driver for that car?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Mitch I have to hand it to you my friend. This is an awesome build thread buddy. While I have run 6s, I mainly stick to 4s mostly. I need to do the LST2 mod on my ERBE also. Just WOW!! LOL

I have the hardest time finding HPP products, I think they are slim to none to find. Arghh!
    No worries mate...good luck with the LST2 mod.

Quote Originally Posted by martin34a View Post
    Wow what a great thread.This is going to help me loads in my build
    Cheers mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by stressbasher View Post
    How long should a slipper clutch last? With the way you have it set?
    Not sure mate...it's been about a year now that I have been running this slipper and it still looks good. I might be able to get another year out of it .
    Rock n Rolla !

Cool SL4SH (xlMT) build.

Well guys, I have been very quiet on the eRevo front again with my new addition to my ever growing fleet of Traxxas vehicles...

This is my new SL4SH (xlMT) build...you can find my build thread <<HERE>>.

I have been having so much fun with this rig...it awesome. The power Plant is MM2 2200kv combo running a single 4s with MOD 0.8 18/54 gearing. Its plenty fast and powerful for me...Its my version of a scaled down 1/8 monster truck.

As my eRevo is in real need of a re-build because it has taken some hectic punishment and abuse over the past year...there are some things I will do differently this time around.

Again, the photo doesn't do the paintwork any justice.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    My SL4SH is the big brother of my Rally PF8-GT...I don't have a pic of the two of them together yet.
    =====
    =====
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Nice, its always nice to see your rides!

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Nice, its always nice to see your rides!
    Thanks mate...I haven't been using my rigs much these days. I have a lot going on in my personal life. I also need to rebuild my eRevo. I broke a rear bulk head not so long ago.
    Rock n Rolla !

Not much to add...being giving my SL4SH horns more lately. Here's a vid of it in action down at the track. This and my eRevo are my two favourite rigs right now...but my erevo is the king out of my rigs.

I am running 18/54 MOD 0.8 on a single 4s, temps reached as high as 72*C with full throttle burning at some points during the test phases.

Overall this build turned out exceptionally well and I am happy with it. You'll see my son running around with his push truck in some of scenes...I think he is almost ready to upgrade to his own RC soon .

Last edited by MITCH316; 10-03-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Awesome video. Cool how you got your son in there with the truck. Looking forward to when my daughters get a bit older (3 and 4) to try to get them involved.
    Big Air Don't Care

Quote Originally Posted by Babby View Post
    Awesome video. Cool how you got your son in there with the truck. Looking forward to when my daughters get a bit older (3 and 4) to try to get them involved.
    Cheers mate...it is cool having him tag along and getting involved with the hobby. I am thinking of giving him my Summit next year. His co-ords aren't the best when his in control...He has a lot of enthusiasm tho .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Well guys, I have been very quiet on the eRevo front again with my new addition to my ever growing fleet of Traxxas vehicles...

This is my new SL4SH (xlMT) build...you can find my build thread <<HERE>>.

I have been having so much fun with this rig...it awesome. The power Plant is MM2 2200kv combo running a single 4s with MOD 0.8 18/54 gearing. Its plenty fast and powerful for me...Its my version of a scaled down 1/8 monster truck.

As my eRevo is in real need of a re-build because it has taken some hectic punishment and abuse over the past year...there are some things I will do differently this time around.

Again, the photo doesn't do the paintwork any justice.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    My SL4SH is the big brother of my Rally PF8-GT...I don't have a pic of the two of them together yet.
    =====
    =====
    Hey Craig,

How you going? Have you rebuild your revo by now?
    I' m interested in what you would do different in your rebuild?

Mfg Paz

Quote Originally Posted by Pazimon View Post
    Hey Craig,

How you going? Have you rebuild your revo by now?
    I' m interested in what you would do different in your rebuild?

Mfg Paz
    How you going mate? I haven't had a chance to look at my eRevo yet...I have just moved into a new house and things are a bit chaotic at work currently. I hope to get around to this in the next couple months...I have a few ideas on things I may do differently...I will check them out once I rebuild my rig if they will work or not.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    I wish I had not read this! Now I have to try it!!!!

It's been far to long since I have bashed my rig...I had a few rigs break at the same time a while back, my Rally, Sl4sh and eRevo. I also got a bit tired of wrenching all the time, too, so took a break from the hobby.

I moved into a new house November 2013 and my RC's got packed away...basically out of sight out of mind. This weekend past I decided to fix my Rally and Sl4sh, I forgot how much fun it was.

Here's a short vid of me burning my Rally in a parking lot...not much space but am running it on 3S. It's a lot more controllable and I had a blast.

I took my eRevo out last night. The rear bulkhead needs to be replaced. As you can see in the pic the rocker arm has ripped out and cracked the bulkhead, which means I need to dremmel a new bulkhead to fit the LST2 diff.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====
    I have decided to strip down this rig at some point and rebuild...this time this rig will only be for bashing and jumping and again will be my 6S beast as I love the grunt of 6S in this rig. This one will see no road use at all this time and will be set up so for its purpose of a 6S bashing off road beast.

There are a few settings I will do differently this time around and add a few extras like the rear chassis brace and maybe harder springs and thicker diff lube.
    Last edited by MITCH316; 02-10-2015 at 03:36 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    good to see you back again mate

RC Qualifier
    Good to see you back again. Learned much from you and this thread.
    Erbe
    Custum Erbe
    Bandit VXL

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrow View Post
    good to see you back again mate
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyen View Post
    Good to see you back again. Learned much from you and this thread.
    Thanks guys...it's been a while since I have been on here or used my RC's. I've got that itch again to wrench since playing with my Rally and Sl4sh on the weekend....
    Rock n Rolla !

Always great to read trough your builds and great visdeos.
    Welcome back , so I guess we may see some great projects for 2015, lots of inspiration, pointers and informations to learn from them.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    yeah man - your thread has inspired a lot of us newbies
    Revo 3.3, EMBE 6s, ERBE 6s (x2), Summit 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Always great to read trough your builds and great visdeos.
    Welcome back , so I guess we may see some great projects for 2015, lots of inspiration, pointers and informations to learn from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    yeah man - your thread has inspired a lot of us newbies
    Cheers guys, new project coming soon...!
    Rock n Rolla !

A few nights back my son and I were going through all my RC parts and I was horrified to see how much parts I actually have. Once we moved into the new house and everything was packed away and as time went on, I forgot how much I actually had.

I thought about it for a while what to do, I was contemplating on selling a lot of it but realised I would never make the money back I have lashed out on this hobby so the only thing to do was build rigs out of the spares. Basically I can build a:

Slash or Rally roller...just need a chassis
    3 x eRevos...enough spares to rebuild my 6S Beast, I will probably get around to at the end of the year. 1 complete custom built eRevo and with my eSlayer stripped down I can rebuild another complete eRevo (will be a future project down the track). Pictured below my eSlayer when it was running...I had fun while it lasted.
    ====
    ====
    Rock n Rolla !

Ahhh, so I'm not the only one that shakes his head at thier pile of "spares"!

Great lookin paint on the eSlayer lid.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    I have just read the first 6 pages of this thread and must give huge credit to MITCH316 for an awesome thread! Great pictures and explanation on everything you write about. This has really inspired me to do some more upgrades and wrenching on my truck!

I myself would like to see another 12 pages coming in the near future

GREAT JOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Ahhh, so I'm not the only one that shakes his head at thier pile of "spares"!

Great lookin paint on the eSlayer lid.
    Thanks mate...It's a pity the eSlayer lid doesn't look like that any more, it's pretty bashed up and well used . I've decided to use all my spares and not keep so much on hand any more.

Quote Originally Posted by waqrrr View Post
    I have just read the first 6 pages of this thread and must give huge credit to MITCH316 for an awesome thread! Great pictures and explanation on everything you write about. This has really inspired me to do some more upgrades and wrenching on my truck!

I myself would like to see another 12 pages coming in the near future

GREAT JOB!
    Cheers mate...Next build will be starting in the next few weeks.
    Rock n Rolla !

For the next build, I was going to build a road eSlayer GT. It was going to be another 6s beast but have I have since changed my mind after taking some time off from the hobby. My old eSlayer was fun while it lasted but I don't think I'll build another one again in a hurry...I'm not sure what to do with all the eSlayer spares at the moment, I'll hang onto them for the time being.

Pictured below is my next project...it is the same shell as my old eSlayer SC8. I'm just going to start slowly building this and see how we go. I've got some sort of hybrid eRevo in mind. This rig will predominantly run 4s.
    =====
    =====
    Rock n Rolla !