Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation MITCH316 ERBE rebuild

So, it is time for a revamp of my truck. You will find the original post of my upgrades here http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-E-revo-hop-up

Since my original post its unbelievable how much I have learnt about the E-Revo, especially the information in the E-Revo brushless forum and the advice from others.

I am in search of creating a bullet proof build that works for me as an all round setting for the way I like to bash my truck. I am wanting to share this info with you...I was about 80% there with a bullet proof build before this rebuild, I just needed to tweak a few settings on my truck to get there.

I am a 6s basher, big air and jumps and track race from time to time but not competitively (just waiting for my local track to be rebuilt at the moment as council have bulldozed down) and like to thrash my truck on just about anything I can ride on.

Here is my truck stripped down and ready for its rebuild

I will end up stripping the RX box, ESC, motor, tranny and servos from the chassis; giving it a much deserved clean. I plan on reusing the existing chassis as it is still good for a while, I too am doing the Losi LST2 diff conversion. This will give me some practice at trimming back the chassis for the diff conversion.

These are the parts I am replacing with new and doing a few RPM upgrades in the process...I am just waiting on some parts to arrive in the post.

I thought I would get a start on my post for now. I will keep it updated as I make progress.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 08-13-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    You gonna clean a dye the chassis ? I think that looks loads better black...grey with the dirt just looks horrible imo
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    You gonna clean a dye the chassis ? I think that looks loads better black...grey with the dirt just looks horrible imo
    Yeah mate, I've been thinking about dying it black. Will trim the chasis first for the diff conversion
    Rock n Rolla !

The mail man was kind to me this morning. I received these items in the post:

As you can see I could not find a complete Losi LST2 diff for sale on eBay for postage to Australia; so I ended up having to build the diffs. I find it's the best way to learn when you have to build it yourself.

During the course of this week I will be modifying bulk heads and chassis to suit the Losi LST2diff conversion
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 08-13-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

looks like a bunch of parts Aaaa, till you start assembling.
    if possible might get a good bit of info on you diff assembling, shim ect.
    there are a few threads on the diff mod, but not much on building the LST2 diff...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Hi Craig. Here is an exploded view of the diff. Hope it's helpful. I was fortunate to locate two diffs already assembled, so it was very easy to work with.

RC Qualifier
    BTW, my diffs came with one shim in each diff. Part # A6356 in the pic. It was placed in each diff to move the gears away from each other a little. I tried placing the shim in the opposite position to move the gears closer together, but seemed rough when turning. So I placed the shim back where it was moving the gears away from each other again and gear movement was butter smooth. No issues with mine and going on 10 serious sessions. An all time record for me, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    looks like a bunch of parts Aaaa, till you start assembling.
    if possible might get a good bit of info on you diff assembling, shim ect.
    there are a few threads on the diff mod, but not much on building the LST2 diff...
    Thanks GN, will post my process on building the diff for all to see

Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller View Post
    BTW, my diffs came with one shim in each diff. Part # A6356 in the pic. It was placed in each diff to move the gears away from each other a little. I tried placing the shim in the opposite position to move the gears closer together, but seemed rough when turning. So I placed the shim back where it was moving the gears away from each other again and gear movement was butter smooth. No issues with mine and going on 10 serious sessions. An all time record for me, lol!
    Cheers mate...thanks for that info. I will assemble the diff dry with no lube or grease and mod the bulk head and chassis first
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 08-13-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

So I opened up some of my packets of parts that arrived today; and here is a comparison of the Losi LST2 diff to the Traxxas diff.

The Traxxas diff setup you see in the picture is an ST Racing aluminium diff case and Hot Racing aluminium diff cup. I was going to use this setup as a bulletproof version of the Traxxis diff but since then have changed my mind. I am going with the Losi LST2 diff as my bulletproof version now.

I have read some good reviews and have had positive feed back from people using this mod.

LST2 diff on the left and Traxxas diff on the right.

As you can see in the picture the LST2 diff is a beefier diff all round.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 08-14-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

I've finally trimmed out my bulk heads and chassis to fit the Losi LST2 diff. I've decided to try rit dying and see how it goes. Here is a couple off pics of my trimmed chassis before been rit dyed

Front end of the chassis

Rear end of chassis
    Rock n Rolla !