RC poster

Question Red/green blinking with Lipo batteries.

Hi.

I recently bought a used E Revo VXL for my son. We have had some funny days with it since he got it. But yesterday something strange happened. We was out playing with it when it suddenly stopped. The steering seemed to work fine, but no speed either way. I took of the bodywork, and I could see that the Esc was blinking red/green. I then just believed the batteries was dead, so I took it home and recharged them (2 x Lipo 3S/11.1v 25C). And yesterday evening we tested it again and all good.

But today the same thing happened after just 5 min of driving. I tried to recharge, but Esc is stil blinking red/green. I have to unplug the batteries to make it stop. This car have Lipo batteries, so all the articles about NiMh batteries and Low voltage didn`t help me. I have also tries to unplug the servo, but the blinking still occurs.

Help anyone?

RC Racer
    When you used the lilo batteries did you notice what voltage your batteries where at when the blinking occured. What did each cell read? The batteries may be bad, the esc may have not been set for LVO cut off if the prior owner messed with the software on the esc.

out4fun

RC poster
    I did not notice. But the Lipo batteries was the ones that followed the car, and have been recharged and used several times. I have no other batteries.

Red/green blinking with Lipo batteries.

Is this the 1/16 revo VXL? If so red/green flashing means the esc is in over voltage protection. How are you wiring the two batteries to the esc? Series or parallel? Hopefully parallel. You can download the manual from the Traxxas website and refer to page 16 for the led codes.
    Rustler VXL | MERV VXL | Summit | Slash Ultimate

RC poster
    Hi. Yes, this is a 1/16 revo vxl. The batteries is in parallel. But shouldn't the esc gone in protection mode when I installed the batteries, not after 5-10 min`s of driving? And what can i do to make the car running again?

You should post this in the 1/16 revo forum, you might get more relevant replies that way. I thought once you unplugged the batteries the esc reset on its own. Try unplugging the servo and see if you get throttle back. I can't remember what symptoms I had when I blew a servo but it's a common issue with the MERV.
    Rustler VXL | MERV VXL | Summit | Slash Ultimate