Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Not to steal your thread or anything, but I was deep in my photobucket account and came across the pic that won me the reader's rides award. This was back in the days when BL power was still (mostly) in the future. With 600 size airplane motors and 16.8 v of Nimh power, I thought this truck was fast! Hehehe....just thought I'd share. The stuff you're building is just awesome!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Wow - nice work.

Blazer, we need an update!

That is a nice truck. LOL, ya brushless redefines fast.
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Racer
    Wow, that truck looks really good, the background adds to it also.

Wish I had some more updates on the build, but it has slowed. I'm in debate over the transmission. I have a polished aluminum case, but I was considering having it anodized. I have also considered a center diff and even a more custom approach to the transmission. It's still just in the planning stages though. I will post a picture shortly of what I have been doing lately. My biggest problem is it's football season and I can't pull myself away from the games on the weekends, lol.

Lol, the Maxx takes a back seat to football. Especially when its raining

RC Racer
    Here is pictures of what I have been spending my free time doing lately. I just came up with this little project for a set a powerstrokes and thought it would be cool to do. I will eventually have a completely polished set once I finish making all the parts.

Nice work on the spring retainers, they add to the tricked out look really well!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    BlazerSS - don't do a center differential. It seems cool and sounds like a good idea but for average builds and fun-running, I would strongly suggest you do a straight E-Maxx transmission. The level of customization involved is likely to disappoint, and the benefits yielded are likely to disappoint as well.

As for anodizing, if you're soliciting input, I'd go for a polished finish or a silver (possible?). Believe it or not, clear coatings pick up the colors surrounding them so you end up getting an intricate variety of blues, purples, greens, greys, and other colors depending on what coatings you have on your truck and where you photograph your truck.

Wow, thats some artistic experience.

Nice powerstroke mod. I love those shocks, and wish that they were still in production

sweet, seems a shame to paint the body to hide whats underneath.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    I love those shocks, and wish that they were still in production
    I love them, too! I wish I had a set. I know they're out there, but getting pricier all the time. I think they went out of production around the time I was just starting to mod my first EMaxx (& 1st RC). It seems like Pro-Line is a little hasty about dropping products from their lineup. I always wanted a streamliner body, too. Anybody remember that body? The Boulder Holder body was a good replacement, but that's gone also!!

Ya, MTs started slowing down, and they dumped those and went for SC.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Nice work on the spring retainers, they add to the tricked out look really well!
    Thanks man, hoping to finish them up tomorrow at work. I will have my 40hrs at 11:00 am. Now if I can just get myself to stay at work and work on this project I will get them done, but sometimes its hard to stay when I'm free to go home. It would be better if the equipment was just in my basement . One day it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    BlazerSS - don't do a center differential. It seems cool and sounds like a good idea but for average builds and fun-running, I would strongly suggest you do a straight E-Maxx transmission. The level of customization involved is likely to disappoint, and the benefits yielded are likely to disappoint as well.

As for anodizing, if you're soliciting input, I'd go for a polished finish or a silver (possible?). Believe it or not, clear coatings pick up the colors surrounding them so you end up getting an intricate variety of blues, purples, greens, greys, and other colors depending on what coatings you have on your truck and where you photograph your truck.

Thanks for the input. This one wont be a runner, so as far as performance Im not really concerned. Now that I have done a few builds with hop-up parts and all, I'm trying to create stuff that I haven't seen before and that you can't just go out and buy. I will post pictures of what I have got going so far towards the center diff and a normal trans.

Wow, thats some artistic experience.

Nice powerstroke mod. I love those shocks, and wish that they were still in production
    Thanks, I wish they were still being made also. I have a lot of them, but I'm nervous when I run my runner every time I flip it or roll it and just hope I'm not bending a shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    sweet, seems a shame to paint the body to hide whats underneath.
    Thanks, yea you can see my tmaxx build in the background of some of the pics with a clear body. Im thinking about just leaving it clear so you can see all the aluminum/colored parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    I always wanted a streamliner body, too. Anybody remember that body? The Boulder Holder body was a good replacement, but that's gone also!!
    Not sure I remember that one, any pics?

Ya, MTs started slowing down, and they dumped those and went for SC.
    Cant blame them for that, they had to follow the market I guess. I myself would make parts to sell, but I just don't think there is enough buyers in the maxx area for it to be worth it, so I'm just making stuff for myself in my free time. I have been lucky enough to collect just about every part Proline did for the maxx over the years. I will post pics of my Proline stash in a few.

I think you could make some money if you sold suspension stuff, or basically anything that Dan at KD dosnt sell.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerss1 View Post

Not sure I remember that one, any pics?
    Yeah, I did some digging on Google images and found some pics of it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I remember that one, don't see many of them around that's for sure.

Those are nice. They are almost all imitations of 1:1 cars. I really like those semi-truck/pickup crossovers.

RC Qualifier
    It's funny how the RC industry cycles around. For a while 1/12 pan cars were big; nitro touring had its moment, and the T-Maxx ushered in a long-standing era for nitro MTs alongside rock crawling. Now short course is in its heyday; which wouldn't bother me but Pro-Line regularly discontinues non-mainstream stuff so with MTs out of the loop we're at a bit of a disadvantage.

Blazer, you're right. Sorry I kind of jumped on you there. A center diff would be very cool to see.

I mean, If ur just building, it adds some excitement to the tranny,but its not all that visible, but it sounds cool. It makes sense if you are gonna make it a on-road truck, but its ur truck, you do what you think is cool/fun/worth it.

Ya, it is interesting how many hobbies cycle. Now it seems to be moving tword those tiny 1/16 things. I wanted the BOSS 302 untill I saw how incredibly small it was. It couldnt even make it over the rise from the street to the driveway !!!

RC Racer
    No problem turbo, Im just glad people are posting in my thread. I've posted on other forums and no one seems to be interested in my stuff. The only reason I post is to talk with other hobbyist, get feedback, and give others ideas.

Here is the Proline bodies I have. 1 painted Razorback and 2 clear, 1 painted utv and 1 clear, 1 clear bunker jumper. The others I have are common and you can still get them.

Here is my powerstroke stuff.

Other Proline stuff

RC Racer
    Ok here is all the options with a center diff and a transmission. I have to keep in mind though that I have a pruple emaxx chassis to build and I also bought a green one this week for some reason, so it looks like I will have one of those as well to build. I would like a different trans it each.

This plate will allow me to mount the RCmonster center diff mount and use a l*s* center diff, *f*a center diff, or the "UE" spider 6 or 8 diff with a *f*a spur gear mounted to it. The UE diff were actually just *f*a diffs. Check out the pics and let me know what yall think.

Here are the aluminum transmissions that I have to choose from

I like it, I would put a Ofna #87344 CD in one of them, the Ofna spyder CD should be as tough as the ones used as front & rear diff's.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-87344-D...item20ca8754a7

Lovin the your rack of Pro Line parts too, you have enough of their integrated servo saver bell cranks for a few more builds!

Keep the builds coming, some pep's on other forums are just jealous, I just like seeing great builds come together.
    Last edited by Wildman4910; 10-19-2012 at 03:32 AM.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Thanks Wildman. The Ofna spider diff is the one I will be using I believe if the spur gear will fit if that is the route I take.

For anyone interested I put some detailed pictures in the Tmaxx section of the process of making the powerstroke spring separators. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ke-shock-BLING

RC Racer
    Love it! Looks like you own a hobby shop and the truck looks good too!

You could make some big bucks selling that stuff, if you truly get it as cheap as you claim.

RC Racer
    I dont care how cheap I got some of that stuff. If I had it, I would keep it. I got a decent deal on my UE parts but I have no incentive to sell them. The cool factor of just having the parts is worth more to me than what I could even begin to ask for.

RC Racer
    Sometimes I look at what I do have and just wonder how on earth I have acquired all of it. A lot of it I have gotten great deals on, some of it I have over paid like I can't even believe. I know one thing though, I don't even want to think about what I spent on Hardcore parts.

If it wasn't rc though it would be something else. Before this stuff I was into my S10 Blazer like crazy. I have spent more on it than I would like to think about as well. After dumping money into it I got into ATV's. At one time I had 4 atv's. What one guy needs with 4 atv's I don't know, but I thought I had to have them. I've just about got all the parts I want to build the trucks that I want to build, now I'm really starting to focus on making my own parts which is really were I want to be in the hobby.

My next hobby, or money pit if you will, I have always wanted a Corvette. I have told my wife even before we got married that I wanted a Vette before I turned 30. We will finish paying her new car off a few months before I turn 30, so it is looking like it would fit in with financial situation to me. Of course, to make it happen I need to be saving up now so that I have a nice down payment on it.

RC Racer
    I had 2 corvettes....

Awesome cars but I couldnt control myself in them I want to build a track car sometime in the near future and sign up for professional driving lessons.

LOL, at one time we had 10 dirt bikes. its so you and ur gf and ur 4 best friends and their gfs can all go tear up the woods. Or if you dont want to take it slow because ur friend likes fat chicks, then you just get 9 friends and go.

Gwad, what would we do without money pits??

RC Racer
    Its a sickening thought!

It's all money pit's, be it RC's, AirBoats, race cars, dirt toy's, etc. But you gotta have something fun to do!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

LOL, you forgot girlfriends and snowmobiles, except you dont get much snow there, do you?

Even my dad, with all the money he puts into savings, has money pits. But then when you spend the early part of ur life saving, money pits become less of a problem in later years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    The cool factor of just having the parts is worth more to me than what I could even begin to ask for.
    too true and if you did decide to sell up some parts you know the return will be good, unlike some other top brands.
    my dace bulks wasn't cheap, but i know i'll get my money back if i sell, same with the shocks. and the motor i have already made money on that and still have it. So really, work it right and it won't be a big money pit, it'll be an investment. Might not make a great deal out of it but you won't make a loss. But keeping the lot is cool.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

Thats true. thats how chop shops survive. i thought about doing that, but I have to many other demands on my time. maybe next summer

RC Qualifier
    this thread has really taken me back to the late 90s early 2000s when big block t-maxx and savages battled it out now sometimes i look at the hcr parts we have at the store and take a trip back from time to time a great time in rc history awesome trucks by the way

RC Champion
    I too, have always had money pits going on all the time. As a young boy, it was all GI Joes and Hot Wheels and Star Wars. Then, from about 12 to 19, it was all bikes; dirt bikes and a street bike. Then it was on to mountain biking and snowboarding. Got married and into management with Gander Mountain and I became obsessed with fly tying and fishing, hunting, shooting and acquiring more hunting gear than I'll probably ever need. Then my wife's sister got married to an RC fanatic (now my best friend) and I've been hooked since 2007. In that short time, I probably bought, sold, and built two dozen RC'S. I have eight full size and four micro RC'S and it would be easier to have a lot less, because I'm always modding them and have three or four projects going on all the time. They all serve a purpose and I like every one. I guess I just like to have something going on all the time and love the building and creating probably more so than the actual driving. Your collection of parts is just so impressive. Like a museum of aluminum parts!! Just keep that work area locked up. No insurance adjuster would ever believe that "toy" parts could be worth so much money!!

RC Racer
    Yea guys, it seems like were all in this together. It is comforting to see I'm not alone here, HAHA.
    A Corvette is a must at some point in my life. I've ridden a dirt bike, I'm just not comfortable on them, I think I will have to stick to the four wheels. I did forget to mention my go with mountain biking. Surprisingly, that can be more expensive than RC's. I retired from that, but still have a half decent MTN bike (Specialized HardRock) that I plan to get back into a little bit to help stay in shape. Airboats, strangely enough I have a wood propeller on my mantle off of an air boat (and a plane I some point I suppose). Don't ask me why, I saw it for sale and had to have it. Some day I do plan on making a mount and pully for it and hanging it from the rafters in my rc area and having a motor to turn it. Hopefully I can get it going fast enough to create a good breeze.

Im hoping to get back on the emaxx soon. I've been real busy lately and just haven't had the time to mess with my stuff at all. After this weekend things should slow down for me.

+1 for wishing MTs still battled it out on the track!!

I dont like these SC and buggy things they race now. To small. not stable.

Although I will admit that they had a really cool track Saturday at LH, but one heat of MTs and it would have been leveled.

At the race they said, "no fights, remember wer racing toy cars here." Then I was out marshaling and had a 1/8 scale buggy almost take my head off. Im 6'1". That aint no toy.

RC Qualifier
    At the race they said, "no fights, remember were racing toy cars here." Then I was out marshaling and had a 1/8 scale buggy almost take my head off. Im 6'1". That aint no toy.(quote) thats just funny right there i may not have had a vette yet but i had a nice gto at 430 whp that was a fun car and alittle vette killer wich was a 322/370 cobalt ss turbo both fun cars

PORSCHE!!! Pass vettes all the time!!! Even though I love vettes.