RC Competitor

Good radio for multiple cars

Hi guys, I was trying to google it but found many different opinions but was wondering what a good 2.4 radio would be for multiple cars. I have a traxxas slash and an old hpi savage and would like to use the same controller for both rather than keep changing. Also I would like to use it for any other rc cars I happen to buy in the future. Does anyone have some recommendations, perhaps like your top 5 best? I am just getting back into RC after almost 10 years, I know my savage .25 is old and am kind of lost with all the new electronics that these new RCs have.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfItQlavTg

What radio do you use now? Can you put a Traxxas receiver in the HPI then use the radio from the Slash? Or vice versa? I have a Slash and a Rustler and use the same TQi radio for both.
    Slash 4x4 Ult.SC8 2150kv MIP KH
    Rustler vxl 3500

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsslash View Post
    I am just getting back into RC after almost 10 years, I know my savage .25 is old and am kind of lost with all the new electronics that these new RCs have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    What radio do you use now? Can you put a Traxxas receiver in the HPI then use the radio from the Slash? Or vice versa? I have a Slash and a Rustler and use the same TQi radio for both.
    the TQI can handle many RC's programmed to it, i have 4 programmed to mine, however do your research because the TQI systems have had quite a few bugs in the past and recently.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx