Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Servo advice

RC Enthusiast
    I am in the Saint Cloud area. What would you like to know? Please ask away I will be more than happy to answer any questions

RC Competitor
    I read back a few posts about the front bumper- you mounted it to the home made undertray, correct? Is this the bumper and the foam part you're using?

RC Enthusiast
    The front bumper is mounted to a bracket that is bolted to the stock bumper location. Ill take a picture of the mouting when I get home. The foam bumper is from a inferno gt2. I cut a slit in the foam to slide the bracket plate between and bolted it all together. The under tray is a two piece stand alone that I bolted to the chassis. Ill take a couple more pics when I get home.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry let me correct myself here. Yes the foam-bumper-gtp-rally-OFN34091 is correct that's the one I'm using. But the mount for it I made my self.

RC Champion
    Did you ever put the 4x4 steering set up on your truck? I have it installed on one of mine and has served me well since and I still use the stock servo.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Did you ever put the 4x4 steering set up on your truck? I have it installed on one of mine and has served me well since and I still use the stock servo.
    I have not put it in yet. I ordered it and its still on top of my tool box in the package. Lol don't know why I have not put it in yet. Is there less slop on your set up now than with the stock steering setup? I might have to slap on tonight!
    Last edited by Eddie7.4; 10-05-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Sorry if I missed it ED, but what chassis plate is that? With those on road tires, you will need around 175 oz to swing those tires with authority in the highest traction, most harsh conditions. That is if the servo saver spring is loaded enough.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Sorry if I missed it ED, but what chassis plate is that? With those on road tires, you will need around 175 oz to swing those tires with authority in the highest traction, most harsh conditions. That is if the servo saver spring is loaded enough.
    It's just a thin piece of aluminum under the chassis. As far as the servo goes, I should have enough power to swing them tires around (I hope!). I don't know how the tires will perform or how much grip they will have since I've never used them before. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

RC Champion
    Compaired to the stock 2wd it has almost no slop at all. When the steering goes out in my other Slash I will upgrade that to the 4wd version as well.

I am building a Slash/sand car from scratch and it has the 4wd steering system on it.

PS.... Good luck on your test tomorrow...
    Last edited by orca44; 10-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Compaired to the stock 2wd it has almost no slop at all. When the steering goes out in my other Slash I will upgrade that to the 4wd version as well.

I am building a Slash/sand car from scratch and it has the 4wd steering system on it.

PS.... Good luck on your test tomorrow...
    Thanks! I will have to try to put it in tonight. Thanks for the info! I don't know why I have been putting off. Ill post results of test run after.

RC Enthusiast
    @ road_rascal:

This is what I did for the front bumper mount and foam bumper. Lexan bumper mount will be replaced with ABS as soon as I get it in.

RC Competitor
    Sweet. Just got my PF8-GT body today. Received the Jato wheels and other stuff yesterday.

RC Enthusiast
    Sweet! I'm about to head out for the first test run.

RC Enthusiast
    Test run went well. Rear suspension has to be stiffened up more, it's quating way too much front seems to be ok. Car was stable and responsive. Was able to hit 52.7mph on the test run running 3S geared 19/54. I also was not going full throttle mostly do to the rear squatting so much. I will be making some adjustments this week and see what full throttle does next weekend.

RC Champion
    Good luck to ya.....and did you put on the 4wd steering linkage?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Yes. I put it in last night it really is much better than with the stocker. Thanks got the input on that! And thanks for the good luck I think I might need it. Lol