RC Qualifier

My 5 year old son driving my ERBE (video)

My good friend and I let our sons drive the beasts for a little bit. We gave them 30 % power using the Training Mode feature on the Traxxas Link app.

Nice one mate
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Nice one mate
    Thanks bro! Starting them young

RC Enthusiast
    your son drives like you!!!!! you should bring him down to the ft stevens so we could meet him!!!

sweet.....
    training mode in the link app haven't seen that yet. So they are running your 2/3s, or the 2/2s?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    ah, the classic drive in a circle as fast as you can. nice man- love the cuda body, who did the paint job?
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by evilalf View Post
    your son drives like you!!!!! you should bring him down to the ft stevens so we could meet him!!!
    Ha haa! I want to bring him! He will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    sweet.....
    training mode in the link app haven't seen that yet. So they are running your 2/3s, or the 2/2s?
    Training mode is a nice feature in the app. Running two 3S's. They are actually on full throttle in the video. Lol! It was set at 30% in training mode.

Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    ah, the classic drive in a circle as fast as you can. nice man- love the cuda body, who did the paint job?
    Thanks man!! I did the paint job on the body
    I can't take credit for the punisher logo, since it's only a decal, lol! The cuda body was fun to build, but extremely fragile.

RC Enthusiast
    love the steeler jersey! nice way to get the next gen started.

RC Qualifier
    hey guys that awesome to see them running the big boy trucks lol i dont have the app so my little granson wont be driving mine.hope to get out with you guys again soon

RC Qualifier
    would you be interested in painting a dodge charger body to make it look like the general lee? i want to get one for my dad's erbe, let me know
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    That is so cool the transmitter is huge in his hands...
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Awesome. Makes me happy to see kids get involved. Anyone can be a father but it takes a real man to be a " dad".

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    Awesome. Makes me happy to see kids get involved. Anyone can be a father but it takes a real man to be a " dad".
    Ain't that true...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Cool. My older son was 5 and my younger one was 3 the first time they drove our Rustler. All I can say is thank goodness stock parts are cheap and quality upgrades take a beating. 10 years later and they are great drivers are my oldest is getting into tuning and repairing. For Christmas my older son is getting everything needed to build a Nitro Revo from the ground up.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    Yes ^^.........thank goodness stock parts are cheap. Last year for Christmas my 7 year old got an eMaxx. Hoping he would leave mine alone, since he only knows one speed and that’s "wide open". That poor eMaxx takes a beating!!!! And thank goodness it's water proof. I caught him one day down at the creek in front of the house driving in about 3' of water. The truck was completely submerged and he was just driving up and down the creek. I told him Santa should have brought him a boat not a truck. The freaking tires weighed 5lbs a piece before I drilled and drained them.

Let’s just say I have to keep a pretty close eye on him when he has the erbe remote in his hand?!?!?!?!

I agree, it’s a great way to get the "little dudes" involved. Now if I could just get him interested in wrenching his own. An hour of bashing usually equals a couple hours of wrenching at my house.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan1972 View Post
    love the steeler jersey! nice way to get the next gen started.
    Thanks Steeler

Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    hey guys that awesome to see them running the big boy trucks lol i dont have the app so my little granson wont be driving mine.hope to get out with you guys again soon
    Thanks bro! Rain has been stalking us for the past couple of weeks
    We will get together soon for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    would you be interested in painting a dodge charger body to make it look like the general lee? i want to get one for my dad's erbe, let me know
    I've seen that done at it looks awesome!!! Wish I had the time to do it
    I have two clear bodies of my own waiting for paint, but I've been lazy, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    That is so cool the transmitter is huge in his hands...
    So true, lol!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    Thank you bro! I really appreciate that
    I didn't have a dad around, so being a husband and dad is very important to me
    Lots of work, with lots of joy!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    Cool. My older son was 5 and my younger one was 3 the first time they drove our Rustler. All I can say is thank goodness stock parts are cheap and quality upgrades take a beating. 10 years later and they are great drivers are my oldest is getting into tuning and repairing. For Christmas my older son is getting everything needed to build a Nitro Revo from the ground up.
    Rustler is a great start. My son has one

Nitro from the ground up ? Wow!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep800 View Post
    Yes ^^.........thank goodness stock parts are cheap. Last year for Christmas my 7 year old got an eMaxx. Hoping he would leave mine alone, since he only knows one speed and that’s "wide open". That poor eMaxx takes a beating!!!! And thank goodness it's water proof. I caught him one day down at the creek in front of the house driving in about 3' of water. The truck was completely submerged and he was just driving up and down the creek. I told him Santa should have brought him a boat not a truck. The freaking tires weighed 5lbs a piece before I drilled and drained them.

Let’s just say I have to keep a pretty close eye on him when he has the erbe remote in his hand?!?!?!?!

I agree, it’s a great way to get the "little dudes" involved. Now if I could just get him interested in wrenching his own. An hour of bashing usually equals a couple hours of wrenching at my house.
    I can see my son doing the same thing when he gets older. Lol!