Stock NiMh got HOT with slow wall charger??
I just purchased a Traxxas Mini Summit. Got everything unboxed right before work and knowing that I would be gone about 10 hours I just plugged the battery into the included slow charger instead of my normal B6 charger.
I figure I have charged hundreds of battery cycles on the included slow chargers overnight/at work/unattended without a problem for use later. This has never been a problem.
Well I get back from work and the light is still red. I thought that is odd, reached down to grab it, that sucker is HOT! Not quite burn your fingers hot but I couldn't hold it. The wall charger itself was also hot enough that the sticker was pealing off of it.
Has anyone ever in the history of RC ever had a problem with one of these dirt simple slow chargers? This could not have done my new mini battery any good either. So looking for suggestions for the next step?
Ok to connect it to my new 1/16th Summit? (after it cools of course)
Contact Traxxas as ask them for a new batt and charger?
Sit here on the computer and wait to be chastised for charging a battery unattended even if it was with the slow wall charger?
Well it turns out that I accidentally grabbed a Traxxas charger for my Slash and not the Summit one. That would do it! Hope I didn't damage the battery!