RC Racer

Buy an ERBE or Mamba monster motor and esc???

Alright over the past week I have gotten back into the hobby by buying a platinum slash and a summit. About 2 years ago when the EMBE came out I bought one of them but in all honesty it always broke something. Here is my thoughts. The wife may kill me if I mention buying another rc so I think I may have came up with a plan. I love the fact that the summit is waterproof so I was thinking of buying the mamba monster and mmp that the EMBE and the ERBE come with and when I want speed swap motor and esc out. Other than gearing and tires will I have to make any major changes so I could run the mamba monster? I will only be running 2s lipos. Thanks.

Maybe the MMP with the 2650kv?
    Last edited by Detlionsfan85; 07-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    run the MMM/2200kv motor, it will run cooler with that 7" summit wheels.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Racer
    I already bought proline trencher x tires and wheels that I am running. Will the motor drop in or do I need to modify anything?

The motor is a direct bolt in

Sent using magic and trickery
    Ok it was Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlionsfan85 View Post
    I love the fact that the summit is waterproof so...
    Stop right there MM ESCs are not waterproof from the factory. I run the ERBE MMP set-up in my Summit, no mechanical changes needed IMO however you may want a wheelie bar
    Last edited by maxi single; 07-26-2012 at 12:04 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I would suggest that you just go with Tekin RX8 esc/T8 Motor combo. You can get the power you want when you want it, and it is sensored so it will crawl like a champ. At that point, you don't have to pull motors and switch them, you can just run it the same all of the time. You would have to waterproof the set up by yourself with plastic dip though if you wanted it to be waterproof, but it does void the warranty. Also, outerwears are your friend. Oh and if you decide to go with this set up..... +1 on the wheelie bar
    1/10 Dewalt SUMMIT, Lightly upgraded Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Thank you all for the help. Like I said I love the that the summit is waterproof and I have decided to just keep the summit with stock motor and esc. I am on my way home now from the lhs with a new ERBE in my back seat. Thats $2100 this week in new rc's and now I must spoil the wife a bit before she kills me! LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlionsfan85 View Post
    Thank you all for the help. Like I said I love the that the summit is waterproof and I have decided to just keep the summit with stock motor and esc. I am on my way home now from the lhs with a new ERBE in my back seat. Thats $2100 this week in new rc's and now I must spoil the wife a bit before she kills me! LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Spoil the wife "a bit"?? I'm still in the DH for my/the kids Summit from Feb!! LOL

Please tell me more of this "spoil the wife a bit", Obiwan

Seriously, you've made a great choice, if it's one you can get away with
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods