Thread: Driveshafts

RC poster

Driveshafts

I broke two driveshafts on my Summit. I have heard of people using the Cv Driveshafts for the Revo and T Maxx. Do these work, and are they strong enough?

RC Qualifier
    Actually I believe the revo guys run summit shafts. There is a sweet spot in the slipper clutch, take the time to find it and run stock driveshafts. The traxxas steel center shaft is a solid upgrade though, I would do that.

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    I agree with Sticky, slipper setup is critical, especially if you have an upgraded drivetrain. I have not broken a shaft or axle yet in about 6 months(fingers crossed), but I am installing the heave duty slipper.

What were you doing when you broke the shafts??

The Kid
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC poster
    When I broke the first one I was crawling over some firewood. The second one I got stupid when I saw people pulling kids in wagons. I had to try and ended up twisting that axle apart. I replaced them but I just wanted something a little stronger. But I guess I'll just mess with the slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastien View Post
    When I broke the first one I was crawling over some firewood. The second one I got stupid when I saw people pulling kids in wagons. I had to try and ended up twisting that axle apart. I replaced them but I just wanted something a little stronger. But I guess I'll just mess with the slipper.
    I think you already have the strongest driveshafts already in the stock Summit.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =