RC poster

Broken shocks - need replacement ideas

I broke the stock shock on the back of my traxxas slash. Deciding to take this as an opportunity for upgrade. I do a good amount of jumping but would also like some good control. Can anyone suggest new shocks, and weighting of oil, for all 4 shock towers

RC Qualifier
    proline powerstroke 60k in front 50 k in rear , aluminum shock towers stock or gh or strc.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Competitor
    The Big Bore shock kit is perfect for you, but it is a bit pricey, at about $70. Heres an Amazon link, which is cheaper than Traxxas: http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-5862-S...axxas+big+bore

And a Traxxas link:http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=8657

RC poster
    thanks guys, wondering if you can recommend any other light upgrades while im ordering, as im buying from Amazon but live in Australia there is shipping costs so im thinking of buying a decent sized order

RC Champion
    If you want to save cash you can upgrade with tini shafts and aluminum shock caps. We have done this with all our rc's as they break. They have proven to hold up well even on concrete. I'd get the aluminum slipper bearing and heavier shock oils. Most folks run about 50/60 in front and rear for bashing...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    +1 on tini shafts and aluminum caps. and a also does anyone use the strc shock towers?

RC Enthusiast
    I have used the STRC on only one bash and bent the rear to a c shape while blowing a rear stock shock. Thought the could handle but i guess not. We will see how the rpm towers hold up.

RC Qualifier
    alright, im a big basher so i will pass then and stick with rpm