RC Racer

Parking Garage Racing

This weekend me and a friend had the brilliant idea of racing his 2wd #5807 Slash and my new #6808 Kawasaki Edition Slash in the local parking garage here the race would going down 6 floors taking the regular car path making it a "S" track with a slope down to the next floor. Well I got my *** handed to me even though I was running an 18T/54 on my slash with 2 linked 3S Lipo 5000mAh batteries for extra power and run time and he still kicked my butt we plan on making this a weekly thing and adding in a few more friends to make it a bit more interesting. But I just want to know what upgrades should I get to increase my chances I know that I should get better tires because in every turn I was losing control and sliding but I contributed that to the fact I was using the stock tires and wasn't getting any traction but once I hit the straight away or a slope I was ok till it once again came time to hit a turn. I also am weighing the option of getting a Castle motor and some other major upgrades like shocks, a roll cage, better axles and a stronger drivetrain all together but donít know which one would work best for this and off-road racing I do later on with it. After the race I was asking him what kind of setup he was using and he told me he was using a 37/73 which when I later took a look for myself he was using a 37T gear and a 3S Lipo 8400mAh battery. So what kind of upgrades should I get

RC Competitor
    Start with new wheels/tyres. You will notice a huge difference with a nice set of prolines as opposed to the stock ones.
    Also when you say you're running two linked 3S lipos do you mean running two in parallel? If so, that's a lot of weight. I'd stick with running one at a time.

RC Qualifier
    Cool the Kawasaki edition is my favourite

RC Qualifier
    Well you are carrying a lot of weight with two batteries. Have you read up on the Slayden setup? You need to tune your truck before you just throw money at it. I would start by running one battery and changing out your shock oil to something like 55F/50R. The diff oil probably needs to be changed as well. The stock truck is meant for off-road and is setup that way. Running on cement/asphalt requires a whole different setup.

RC Racer
    Try sway bars for handling the cornering

Your friend is geared for around 80mph! You will not outrun him with the stock motor. You can adjust your handling by lowering your ride height. You will have to get him in the corners to win. You won't touch his top speed.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    If you want it to be fun and equal have everyone run stock, so it comes down to the driver. How do you guys see 6 floors down? I need to find a parking garage that sound sweet especially if they had speed bumps.

RC Racer
    go wit a 1/8 scale wheel set up go wit sum xo-1's den go wit a D8 big bore shock set w/ 35 oil n grey spring..ur handle is solve
    get a 550 motor gear it for what u want ...top end speed or quick take off speed...once u figure that out...power is solve

RC Racer
    the set up im runnin is 24/44 on a 4.5 novak 550 motor usin a 4000mah 40c 3s LipO n Dual coolin fan.
    i have xo-1 wheels and D8 big bore shock. grey spring in front, red in the rear. black sway bar in front n rear.

RC Racer
    Thanks for all the info guys I took all of your ideas into consideration and went ahead and bought some new prolines for the front and rear, I also got a XXL big bore shock kit, and a sway bar kit from a revo, changed out the lubricates on all the parts, and I also went ahead and got a cooling fan from RPM since its getting warmer I need to cool it down a bit and after trying some testing yesterday I was running a bit hotter than normal. After I installed everything it handled well except in corners where they had put down the gravel that absorbs the oil from cars. The new suspension also was great for when I hit the speed bumps and landed I didn’t constantly bottom out and lose it. I also tried these new changes with one battery and with two running and when I did have the one battery I would tend to slide it seemed in those corners with the gravel but when I used two once I hit the gravel I would slide but then I would instantly gain traction and fly out the turn so I guess the weight was good for that. But to answer your questions jfrank05 we thought of that on all of us running stock but then once we really thought no one had a stock slash other than me and that was just because I had to replace the one that had driven into a pond(trying to jump it), but on how we saw down the 6 floors we just used the stairs since they are open air and by the slope to the next floor we wouldn’t have to hit the brakes and stop in-between floors just to get a view of our trucks.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrank05 View Post
    If you want it to be fun and equal have everyone run stock, so it comes down to the driver. How do you guys see 6 floors down? I need to find a parking garage that sound sweet especially if they had speed bumps.
    That's what I want to know too!! LOL!

RC Racer
    We would just use the open air steps next to the slope that goes down to the next level we never lost sight of our cars and stayed within range the whole time. The speed bumps did make it awesome. the whole idea came from us enjoying sunday funday and recovering from partying the night before.

Caineblack, I will be in Indi on the 17th! Is there any way that a few more people could hook up with you and race? We are having a family reunion and there are about five of us running Traxxas trucks. Would be a lot of fun! Please send me a pm with more information

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Caineblack, I will be in Indi on the 17th! Is there any way that a few more people could hook up with you and race? We are having a family reunion and there are about five of us running Traxxas trucks. Would be a lot of fun! Please send me a pm with more information
    You gotta get some vid of this. MY wife and I have raced our pedes in ours. But we can't see more than 2 levels at a time. This could just be killer seeing a bunch of them race...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Sure dude would be awesome but I gotta get my motor back from traxxas my esc went up in a puff of smoke this yesterday night when we was bashing in a parking lot, does anyone know how long it takes for them to send a replacement?

It takes about two weeks to get a motor back. I sent you a pm with my cell number. I think it will be a lot of fun! I get into town on the 17th and leave August 4th. Plenty of time to run these trucks

Sounds awesome...parking garage racing. Post a video of some racing for us to see.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    yea we been trying to make some videos of it but most of the time we do it its at night and its slim to no cars so we wont do any damage and since we would get into trouble doing this but most of the videos we do come out too dark on our phones but we will prevail and come up with a good way sooner or later and I got your message Sob and your number is locked in my phone I will send ya something soon

Cool! I look forward to running trucks with you guys! I am going to get hold of my relatives and see who can also make it out. My father is excited about running a bunch of trucks together

I am in Indianapolis!!! Hit me up so we can run!!!

RC Racer
    Sweet we will have to find another place when I have a day off next week cause the parking garage we run at is smack dab downtown and they have the indianapolis black expo till the 22nd so the cops are all over the place downtown I will text you a address when we can meet up and do some runs since I got my esc & motor back from Traxxas today.

Ok cool! I look forward to it. Just got back from Hobbytown to tune and repair my father's truck.

RC Racer
    Hey Sob I been trying to send you a message for since thursday with the sites to the tracks I was telling you about cause my phone is fubar right now from dropping it in the rain but your PM's are full