Thread: rear end sag

RC Qualifier

rear end sag

Only way to keep my truck off of the ground is the heaviest spring the powerstroke shocks tune kit came with. Rides pretty well with them but the rear end is very loose in corners. Im dropping the mips for teknos to cut weight but i know that wont FIX this. Should i be blaming the rpm arms here?

RC Qualifier
    I assume you have changed the shock oil to a thicker weight?

RC Qualifier
    tried a few different weights, im sitting at 30wt right now. Im forced to preload around 8mm with red powerstroke. Not going to be surprised to find another used truck surprise from the master of all builds. Got some baby powder rtg

RC Champion
    Something else is going on then, I think. I have the castle 2400 sct combo running 4s and use the powerstrokes with the stock spring's and 60wt oil. No sag perfect balance.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    What about pre-load spacers - I've found increasing the pre-load will keep the back end off the ground whatever springs you choose
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Qualifier
    I do have some preload. im going to go through some balancing tonight, pull the sway bars (imo not very useful) and see what i got.

RC Qualifier
    wow somethin weird is goin on for ya. i run red for the short spring ,blue spring for the long, 50k all in the rear. 60k ,and a rear long red spring up front. if u are a basher than i can see why u want ur truck in the air . i race mainly and my truck sits a half inch from the floor from the rear. i run black swaybars up front silver in rear. if u take them off ,say goodbye to high speed cornering and hello to alot more traction rolling. check ur half shafts that they are moving freely. oil all ballends. keep us updated
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Racer
    Oops... Never mind. Someone covered Half Shaft

RC poster
    I use the progressive shock springs for the stampede on the rear of my slash and that works great!