RC Racer

How do I run a second EVX2 with a dual motor setup.

I recsently bought a KD dual 820 motor kit and I haven't run it yet. Because I have the feeling that at 4s on a single evx2 is going to put a lot of load on the evx2 yet the motors will be still under powered. My plan is to install a second evx2. How do I do this.
    This is my first hobby grade rc build and I can tell iam loving it.

RC Racer
    Hy Delta,

It is no problem, take a look in my thread and see post #33:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s+Rock+Crusher
    Summit & E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Hawk View Post
    Hy Delta,

That is one awesome build. but how did you link the two evx-2 together incorporating the reciver. is there a wiring diagram that you used, i have looked online but i cant seem to find one.

RC Qualifier
    do u need another evx? im sellin my old one

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Hawk View Post
    Hy Delta,

Quote Originally Posted by MotherRocker View Post
    do u need another evx? im sellin my old one
    Thanks but I already have one I got of of eBay. I'm just still trying t figure out how to run both so I can give each dewalt 820 5s of power. I think 10s should make me a nice monster truck. If anyone has a link to a wiring diagram that would be great.

RC Qualifier
    u should save yourself all that work and nonsense and just get a brushless system. It will look like **** with all wiring and added electronics. Just keep it simple and besides for all the work ur trying to do ur gonna get negligable return....

RC Racer
    I already have a summit with a tekin Rx8 g2+ T8 g2 2650kV and before that a mmm2
    I have had plans to build this dual motor dual esc rig for a while. My plan is to make kind of. Summit wheelie king monster truck. I have moved a fair bit of weight to the back to give it a better balance for massive long wheelies. This is kind of a side project and I want to make something different. This is my third summit. But it is my first from scrap build.

RC Racer
    u should save yourself all that work and nonsense and just get a brushless system. It will look like **** with all wiring and added electronics. Just keep it simple and besides for all the work ur trying to do ur gonna get negligable return....
    Also this one is gonna spend most of its life jumping into the swamp / dam and mudding brushless never hold up long under water run after run with minimal cleaning and experimenting is fun.

RC Racer
    And as for wiring mess it don't matter it's all gonna be run under the body. It's not seen. I hooked it up with custom lights bar and under body neons powered from 2 seperate rx 6v packs. All under the body it of sight.
    Last edited by Delta149; 11-12-2014 at 04:54 AM.

RC Racer
    @Delta

here is my wiring connecting...that's all

note:
    i push both receiver on
    Summit & E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Thanks hawk. Which port on reciver do plug it into

RC Champion
    Just like that/\.

But with 2 esc's your going to have to disconnect one of the esc's bec ...I believe its the black wire.

Also wouldn't using the mmm2 ESC be better? Since you have one. Also the motors can then be hooked in series and parallel
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    That would be handy but my mmm system is going in a slash. The slash is a monster that is being transformed into a drag car ((my next project.) thanes for the advice guys I have it working but am still waiting on my slipper clutch when it's running I will post a vid and some pictures. Next mod planned is lem diff kit and a functional body scoop to pass fresh air over the motors and to stop the air being trapped I'll add a 2 body vents in the rear from oocrcracing.

RC Racer
    Which port on reciver do plug it into
    both with Y-adapter in receiver like Summit original ..
    Summit & E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Thanks again hawk. My summit is up and running. Now I just need a slipper clutch and iam ready to drive.

RC Racer
    another advantage from 2 Kershaw/Titan/Dewalt with 14 pinion in Summit is, he does not roll down on hills (ui my english, i hope you understand me)

brake
    Summit & E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Yes I under stand perfectly. Yes that is one advantage I really needed as I live in a very very hilly area with lots of steep rock piles. Have you tried running the 2 kershaw dewalt at 10s total (5s per dewalt motor)?

RC Racer
    no, we drive only in first gear slowly...i don't need more power..
    Summit & E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Ok. I'll post a review, vids and photos of it running 10s. Just waiting on a slipper clutch. Should be here within 5 days I can't wait to see how my new setup handles the terain.