RC Racer

Alum. trans. case and wheelie bar combos

I feel bad for asking this because i know how annoying it is when people ask the same question that has a dozen or more threads and didn't use the search box. BUT i have searched and searched for that one thread that has what wheelie bars fit what trans case. it was a very nice setup. all you had to do was find a trans case listed and it told you what wheelie bar fit it.
    in my case i wanted to know if the rpm mount for the stock wheelie bars would fit on the GH alum tranny case
    Started XL-5 now VXL-XL! and spare parts XL-5

Pretty much any trans, with a closed motor system.. GH is one, Integy close case is anouther (decent product) REm is one, and FLM is the other. Although Im goin on week 4 waiting for my REM anodized case.

As for wheelie bars, I strongly suggest the RPM wheelie bar/bumper mount. The stock traxxas one pops out, and has to few of screws to hold it. U can still use the traxxas wheelie bar with it. Great combo.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    DO NOT BUY the GH one. Supposedly they're fixing it but the bearing holders on one side are too shallow and it causes it to bind internally and overheat. Destroyed my diff gears. There's a whole thread on this.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8957514

That pretty much leaves only the Integy ones if you want to run the stock traxxas or RPM bumper mounts. If you want to run a Swami bar or other wheelie bar that mounts under the truck, then there are a lot more options.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Champion
    I have the REM case and it fit the RPM mount just like the stock case. I would highly recommend the Proline rear skid for the Slash/Stampede (if you can find one). This skid has a mount for the wheelie bar/Slash bumper which is a lot more rigid.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC poster
    Take OlorinTharkun advise. DO NOT buy a GH tranny now. I had the problem in May post is on UltimateRC.com. They said they are fixing it but have not yet. There are 1000s out in hobby shops. GH did not do a recall... Not bashing GH, but do not want any other RC guys to get stuck with it.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by radiomb View Post
    Take OlorinTharkun advise. DO NOT buy a GH tranny now. I had the problem in May post is on UltimateRC.com. They said they are fixing it but have not yet. There are 1000s out in hobby shops. GH did not do a recall... Not bashing GH, but do not want any other RC guys to get stuck with it.
    That is strange, I could swear all my bearings set inside flush perfectly, could be wrong as its been a little whilie since i've opened it up. SO far I haven't had any issues with my GH case on my Slash. Maybe I need to bust it open and check it out.

I totally recommend the REM one, as its been top notch so far. The FLM should be the same.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    ^^^mine too digger i have the GH blue one and everything fit flush no binding and for the last 2 months ii have beat the snot out of my truck and havent had any issues with my GH case its been awesome
    Extended P2de and Mini Summit