RC Competitor

Anyone have rear stinger pipe?

If so could you please tell us if you like it or not? Also if you could post a picture that would be great!! I won a brand new one on ebay for 15 dollars. But am thinking about the traxxas resonator?

RC Champion
    I havent used one myself. But I do know the longer header creates more bottom end power. So if you are looking for more tourque than it would be good. If your looking for a higher top speed. Its not the answer.

RC Competitor
    ^like powerman said, rear stinger creates more low end torque/acceleration, and the resonator beefs up the mid/high end of the powerband, i personally just ordered the resonator because the last thing i need is more torque
    -Nitro Rustler 2.5 w/ Jato tuned Resonator

RC Competitor
    Yeah, it wheelies like crazy already. Thank-you!

RC Competitor
    i just remembered something. Traxxas makes different resonators. a sigle chamber and a dual chamber. the single chamber enhances low to mid. and the dual chamber enhances mid to high.

RC Champion
    Yeah but the rear setups are not dual chamber and the longer header also adds low end like Powerman said. I haven't seen one used on a 2.5 or 3.3, just the .15 on older rustys and sports. You also need a shock tower made for the rear pipe. If you have a .15 it should work great but if you have a larger engine you may want a better, newer style pipe. Single or dual, thats up to you. Now if anyone wants a slightly longer header on there 2.5 or 3.3, try the Jato header and keep the pipe on the side of the truck. You will also need the Jato coupler. Next time your on the bay, look for Jato Exhausts. I saw a few new pull offs with aluminum pipe, coupler, header and maybe some hardware if your lucky for cheap. I went with the THS cause everyone highly recommend them. I found mine on the bay for a good price. But like I said, if you have a .15 you will like that pipe. Good luck and post up some pics.
    Shaggy...

RC Competitor
    Thank-you for the info!! I have the 2.5r.Shaggy which engine do you have? You like the ths? Which one do you use if I may ask?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroMethaneRunninThruMyVeins View Post
    i just remembered something. Traxxas makes different resonators. a sigle chamber and a dual chamber. the single chamber enhances low to mid. and the dual chamber enhances mid to high.
    Thank-you good info!!

RC Competitor
    Thank-you powerman!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy9773 View Post
    Thank-you good info!!
    no problem mindy. i also have the 2.5. i ordered the jato resonator and it should be here tomorrow or the next day. i will be sure to let you know how it performs. good info everybody. on my old .15 pro rusty i had the rear stinger, i might still have the shock tower with the hole in it but there is a good chance it is gone. since you have a stinger i will look for the tower tomorrow and if i find it i will give it to you for free

RC Competitor
    Wow that's extremely nice of you!!!

RC Champion
    Mindy, THS Jato Exhaust it what you want to be looking for. It will wake up your 2.5 and give you bottom end and a nice linear top end. Best pipe I have ever used.

RC Competitor
    Thanks powerman I will look into it right now!

RC Qualifier
    I have the stinger on my 10yr old Rusty. I am still running the pro15 on it, just like it came. Main reason is that I like and prefer the stinger and have never seen one for the 2.5 engine. It gives it a different engine note, doesn't spray fuel on the left rear of the truck like a side exhaust, and gives a nice low end punch. Makes it way more fun to drive on the track, IMO.

Don't ask where I got the stinger, that was 8 years ago!