Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bomber's Build

RC Qualifier
    Well was able to make it through a run tonight with out any issues. Ended up putting some glue on the driveshaft pin and is holding in place so far. Really enjoying the MMP, have so much more control. Now just need a Neu!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What are your esc settings-punch-throttle etc...

RC Qualifier
    I have my punch at 20%. I have been messing with the throttle and brake curve some. I have to drop the brake percentage some was wanting to endo to much with The speed hawgs on. I have a 45 spur kinda wanna put that on and mess with that for a bit. I have a 3s just haven't had chance to run it yet.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With my neu I run 25% brake, 10% drag, Max reverse 25% and in the dirt between 40-50% but a mean throttle curve on line 7 I am only at about 4 1/2

RC Qualifier
    Really nice

RC Qualifier
    Did some running in the parking lot at work, and have to say my merv ran great and couldn't ask more for handling. Also did a late night project last nigh. Just took a quick pic. I'll take more once the trucks back together checked my difs last night all is wearing good.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks good!

How much light in the dark?
    Last edited by 50togo; 09-12-2012 at 10:19 AM.

RC Qualifier
    yea i'm happy with the way they turned out. couldn't complain for 5 bucks. they come assembled and all you have to do is mount them and plug them into your RX. they are the halo light or reg white led.

RC Qualifier
    not to much light in the dark nothing. it doesn't shine down on the ground or anything but i'm going to run a summit bumper and i have to led's in that in the outer holes and i have some green ones laying around that i'm going to see what they look like in the two center holes with the chrome cans on the bumper and have a summit rear bumper i'm putting some red led's in. i'll take some more pics tonight with the lights out with the truck on the ground to give a idea on the light outputs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Too bad they don't make a focused q5 led setup

RC Qualifier
    Yea they def aren't that bright. Lol. How does that handle roll overs?

So ran the merv today and my esc came off. I used some 3m double sided tape that's used for car moldings. Is there something else that can be used? Gonna try what I have again maybe add another strip.

Here's a couple pics with my new halo lights with the body on.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks sweet!
    I use the 3m two side tape not sure which one but one inch wide and strongest I have found. Kind of like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004...pi=SL500_SY125
    Mine says extreme mounting tape
    Last edited by 50togo; 09-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I finally gave up on servo tape and I use velcro to mount the esc and receiver.
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I tried Velcro on one of my esc and every crash it came off.
    your gps wont work in a closed car trunk right? The last run when it locked up gps read 64mph I forgot about it and didn't turn it off. Found it later at home

RC Qualifier
    I also use the 3m double sided tape.
    If its the one body shops uses then it should be good.

RC Qualifier
    Yea pretty sure i found my problem. Didn't think about it when i did it but the sticker on the esc came off and i'm hoping that's my problem. So tonight going to cut off the sticker on the esc and try again. The Stuff i'm using is 3M#03609 super strenght molding tape.

RC Qualifier
    Yah that should hold it.
    Make the surface is free From dirt n grease.

RC Qualifier
    So going to pick up some traxxas toe links tonigth hopefully and some steel hollow pillow balls. was wondering if anyone had a good way of removing the red anodizing from from? been told to try nitro cleaner and let them soak. Anyone know of any other ways with out sanding them or anything like that?

RC Qualifier
    Greased lightening works good or oven cleaner. All you have to do is let them soak for a little bit.

RC Qualifier
    So part one of my order came today other half should be here next week sometime.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Not sure how this happened But I managed to bend my cvd, but no damage to my traxxas aluminum pushrod or toelink. Which I was glad since I just installed my toelinks. So gonna order a couple of the replacement shafts tomorrow.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have had a few of those! The rpm arm flexes on a hard hit

RC Qualifier
    Don't have the part number for just the replacement shaft handy do you? Been looking and havent been able to find them. Saw them awhile back but of course I didn't write it down. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Probably a side impact or cartwheel? Can also happen with loose pivot balls.
    Check if they stick out too much, the dogbone can then slide out too far and hit the drivecup on re-entry when the suspension articulates. It's not a problem with the plastic shafts, but the CVDs are somewhat prone to this.

Part No is TRA7153 for the dogbone only.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    yea actually had my lhs order me a couple. think they were only like 6 bucks there. Actually lucky cause my lhs is only like 10 min from me and it's a nice curvey river road that my STi just loves since they repaved it..lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's a good price most stores charge list which is 8.00 ea
    i know what you mean i take the long way with my s2000 to get to the pasadena hobby people http://mapq.st/RdiYN0

RC Qualifier
    Well it finally happened, my stock servo finally gave out. And of course it hapened just two packs after I through my CC 5700kv big block in. And pictures will come for that as soon as my new chassis comes in, not realy happy with the way everything sits....

The only thing I hate is that I have a servo on order, but who knows when that will be here...So prob will settle for the hitech servo.....I'll prob just end up grabbing a 5085mg.

And all this had to happen the first run we had my buddies go pro out that he just got. WE got one video yesterday but started getting to dark after i got out of work. So hoping this next weekend we will get some video. but first one worked out pretty good with the mounting plate i made for his 1/16th summit..

RC Racer
    Thats ace mate, you've made my decision easy I'm building a merv with raptor body. I just brought a used mini slash but wasnt sure to build a mini ver of my slash or mini ver of my revo since I'm getting a raptor body for the 3.3 and they do a 16th scale. Simples.

RC Qualifier
    Well went to my lhs this weekend and picked up a hi-tech 5085mg. Got it installed but no chance to run it yet. Now just wanna find a dif horn for it, not really liking the ones that come with. Kinds seem it'll break easy.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Made a trip to my lhs tonight and couldn't resist picking this up. Just need a set of canyons for some hpi mesh rimsI have sitting around. Also picked up a set of green lug nuts.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks.great! Nice servo check this horn http://www.rcplanet.com/Hitec_Standa...p/hrc55701.htm

RC Qualifier
    I love the look, a merv grave digger! lol
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"

RC Qualifier
    LOSA99038 its the hitec servo arm for the Losi 1/10 comp crawler. You do have to cut the servo guard a bit for this one on a 5085.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys.

Well so much for the clean digger body, as it rides the roof across my works black top. lol..
    Took it out for two packs and needless to say i broke two parts today. I ripped out a rear tie rod end which was easily fixed well now i just snapped the other ear off of my steering saver.
    Who has experience with the HR steering saver? Thought i remember someone not liking it but that was alittle while ago. If anything i'll just pick up a stock replacement...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Stick with stock!
    If it was aluminum you probably would have ruined your servo

RC Qualifier
    Yea true and possible bent tie rod.lol. It was the ear where the tie rod screws into that snapped on me. But that's what you get with a big block. lol but man it's a blast to drive.

I just put a order in for 2 stock savers and a servo arm. so untill next week the diggermerv is down for a few days. so guess it's just nitro for tomorrow. lol. seeing this is prob the last nice weekend up here in ohio actualy is 63 up here today...
    Just have to retune my MMP before than. need alittle less brake and prob bump up the punch control alittle too.
    Oh and actually gonna finally get around and order up a t-bone set up....

RC Qualifier
    Well my aluminum servo horn finally came in. Did some chopping to it. I cut off the farthest out screw hole than sanded down also sanded down the top side. That made it so I didn't have to trim to much off my servo guard. But here's some pics.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Awesome build!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you should copy the distance of the stock horn and not have it at the last hole

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast