RC poster

vxl rustler gearing

So I had a bandit and converted it to a rustler with a vxl I now have it with a PL body and FLM a arms and a RPM slash front bumper I was wondering what's a good gear ratio for a rustler vxl without overheating or what is some good ones to try. I only run the rustler on pavement currently running PL road rage. I also was wondering what do ur guys rustlers weigh so I can see if mine weighs too much please any and all help is appreciated I made this ad about a week ago and got no response so please help me this time THANKS also what does the pitch of the gears mean does different pitches make it faster?

18/83 or 18/86 gearing is always a good starting point, then adjust up or down depending on performance and motor temp. Lower sized pinion equals more torque, lower top speed.

Pitch refers to the shape of the teeth on the spur gear. Speed or torque is determined by the gear ratio of the pinion and spur gear combination.

You could change to 32p for durability but the speed would be the same as the stock vxl gearing.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    Thanks do u know anything about how much on average a rustler should weigh?

I have no idea how much mine weighs. Why do you think yours is so heavy? My Pede has an extended aluminium chassis with an alu wheelie bar and its pretty heavy but I don't know the weight of it.

Sent from my old broken down HTC

RC poster
    Idk everything that's extra on it like rpm slash front bumper and I'm using probly a 1/8 scale body with FLM extended arms. Only reason I ask is because I don't want the new vxl to burn up cuz its tuggin around extra weight.

Well if its really heavy I guess you could run the guts out of your velineon, but you can watch your temps and gear down to combat that. If you had to you could gear way down.

Stock Slash 4x4's have the velineon as the stock motor so I wouldn't worry about your 2wd truck.

Post some pics of it.

Sent from my back yard

RC poster
    How do I post pics? I got plenty of pics

Upload them to photobucket then post 'em here. Click on the image button on the toolbar and paste the pic location there.