RC poster

Drive shaft compatibilty

I recently traded for a 1/16 summit. I am trying to fix the only problem it had, broken drive shafts from the diffs to the wheels. I have heard conflicting advice on whether or not the merv drive shafts will fit the summit, with out modifications.

Does anyone know, for sure, if the merv will fit the summit or not.

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    The Merv drive shafts will 100% fit the summit. They are a better and stronger design. Most people say to use progressive rockers with them to take away the steep angle of the driveshaft, but you don't have to. When I bought my summit it had three summit shafts and one Merv shaft on the right front, I didn't even notice until I started to tear it down to shim my diff after 20 packs! Now I'm running all Merv shafts with p2 rockers.
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 07-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Will the cvds for the merv fit the summit vxl? ?
    Been thinking i should get some for the summit but wanted to know if they would fit forsure..

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

The wheelbase extension in the rear arms allow for too much distance between the differential cups and the hub... so they tend to pop out and bend without some type of modification; whether it be shaved arms and adjustable rods, or MERV arms, or MERV rockers.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Dang Jimmie is on the ball ^^^+1

They will fit, however it is suggested that you use the Merv progressive rockers and Merv rear a arms to keep the shafts from poping out and to give a bit more adjustability to the pillow balls. If your already running RPM rear arms your already half way there as the rear RPM arms are only made for the MERV, they currently and prolly never will make Mini Summit RPM arms.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-7151...item19d1b92ce0

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks, what if i just switched the arms, would that be enough to do it?

RC Qualifier
    Changing the arms will definitly help. I suggest changing to the progressive rockers as well to be safe. The nice thing about the p2rockers over the long travel is the more the shock compresses the stiffer it gets and it will take away the extreme angle of the driveshaft to save a lot of headaches.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, only problem is how much will the the p2 rockers affect offroad capabilities
    Oh and to the OP sorry about hijacking your thread..

RC Qualifier
    You'll only lose a few mm of ground clearance. It will help it handle better too ,not so many rollovers.