Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    ok so finally just got my parts all mounted on my slash and my upper shock mounting style switched. no washer for the one that came off this moment so i will have to get ahold of some and throw them in along with shimming some other stuff as well.

and............ i already had to replace all my stock rear wheel bearings........... now i think my fronts are finally giving way. ill post pics of everything tomorrow. no time tonight before i need to be asleep for work.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

pics from it being broken............

something doesnt look so right lol

rpm rpm rpm!!!!!!!!!!

these 3x 40mm screws are a little longer than im comftorable with. might look for some shorter ones.

Drag It!

there still to long but not as bad as the rears.

Drag It!

RC Competitor
    Well, Graves, ive been off here for several months (from the Tmaxx forum). When I returned you done went electric on me, lol!
    Oh well, Santa is bringing me a Rustler VXL for Christmas, so Im making the jump, as well. My son is getting a Slash, which brought me to your thread.
    Any way, good to see your still around.
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

so i was just sitting here thinking............

how many upgrades do i need before this thing stops breaking on me?

my next plans are to finally ditch the stock tires though. but i mean whats next? the pins in the u joints of my axles are wobbling out already............ and all the bearings in my rear wheels already went out and got replaced. now my fronts are loose, i have a bent turnbuckle up front, and my steering posts are moving around.............. does it ever end? and lately i cant even get through a single 2s 5000mah battery without something else breaking

it would just be nice to drive it and not half to fix it non stop............ ya know?

and please nobody take this as me bashing traxxas in any way shape or form. i love traxxas, just more annoyed than anything right now i guess.
    Drag It!

well.......... took my slash out in the snow today.............. very first run and i broke the side mount for my brand new rpm bumper. snapped in half by the driver side upper screw mount at the very back......... not happy about that the least bit....(shake my head).

but in other news the total lack of traction made me decide to make some snow chains. its dark outside but i have a porch light. i have just the drive tires done this moment so i gotta finish the fronts but ill get pics up for everyone. and ill let you know how well they work to lol.
    Drag It!

Wow!
    Your body is in great shape...
    I remember I painted mine about the same time as yours.
    Didn't you shoo goo it though?
    I think I remember you doing that.
    I know what I'm doing for my next body..

Do you blow off your truck with a air compressor? I do that all the time for a water run.
    It will probably help with your bearing problems
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

yeah i shoe gooed mine up lol. i know for next one im lightly sanding the inside first so the paint sticks better lol. and no i dont blow off my car because i dont have an air compressor. i do go through and oil my bearings still though.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    . i do go through and oil my bearings still though.
    Better than nothing
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

so no pics yet because i just dont feel like taking the time to do it tonight mostly and i only have rear chains done this moment.........

but................... holy cow does this thing rip in the snow with chained rear tires! i still gotta do the fronts so i can hopefully turn now but atleast i can finally go now lol.
    Drag It!